All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

46 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Truss with a lie straight away that she is the first PM who went to a comp school. Even her speech writers are shit it seems

John Major did, I think Thatcher and Callahagn did too. I bet loads have to be honest. She must be relying heavily on a short memory. 

They may actually have been grammar schools in some cases but I'd imagine she would have too if the grammar/comp split system was still in place. 

33 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

John Major did, I think Thatcher and Callahagn did too. I bet loads have to be honest. She must be relying heavily on a short memory

Major went to a Grammer I believe. Callaghan was non select. Brown's changed after he left.

Basically it's semantics for an utterly pointless soundbite

• Paid Members

Al Jazzera’s documentary The Labour Files is worth a watch(YouTube), even if they do go over the same points more than a few times. The 2017 election was such a missed opportunity and I’ll never not be angry about it.  Some of the blame has to lie with Corbyn and his crew though, dancing to their tune was never going to work and his idea of “doing politics differently” was unbelievably naïve for a man who should’ve known exactly how Westminster institutions operate. 

Edited by stumobir

2 hours ago, stumobir said:

Al Jazzera’s documentary The Labour Files is worth a watch(YouTube), even if they do go over the same points more than a few times. The 2017 election was such a missed opportunity and I’ll never not be angry about it.  Some of the blame has to lie with Corbyn and his crew though, dancing to their tune was never going to work and his idea of “doing politics differently” was unbelievably naïve for a man who should’ve known exactly how Westminster institutions operate. 

Gonna check this out at some point, but yeah. Corbs needed to do the Stalinist purge bit first and then get on with democratising the party. You can’t work with the cunts to democratically oust the cunts, because they’re more cunty than you and it’ll just never work. 

On 10/5/2022 at 1:58 PM, Carbomb said:

Wilson also went to a grammar which is now a comp/academy.

And one of the worst comps in Huddersfield. It does share some of its sports fields with a very swish private school, which I always think must be interesting for both sets of students as the demographics for both schools are worlds apart.

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members

Top bants story from The Times: Johnson's resignation honours list turns out to nominate eight Tory MPs to become peers. Truss is trying to find some sort of "don't let them accept it until 2024" loophole as she is very much not up for eight by-elections right now.

I think she'll be gone by December! 

Tomorrow the BoE ends its magic money tree support of the UK bond market.  So today would have been the day to u-turn and calm the markets.

They've not done that.  So tomorrow the shit will hit the fan... again.

Given that, I very much think we might see the 1922 Committee change its rules to allow a Vote of No Confidence in Truss as leader, next week.  And a coronation of Richie Sunak the week after.  There's no way they will let the members vote again, they can't be trusted - although the MPs who supported Truss are as much to blame!!