Paid Members Fatty Facesitter Posted January 25, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2022 So now the police are investigating, does this effectively delay the Sue Gray enquiry as well? In which case both take a while to complete? Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted January 25, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2022 10 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said: So now the police are investigating, does this effectively delay the Sue Gray enquiry as well? In which case both take a while to complete? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60123850 Quote
Factotum Posted January 25, 2022 Posted January 25, 2022 (edited) Something stinks about The Met suddenly showing up to investigate just as the report was going to come out. This kicks that in the long grass. Clearly the Met will find no wrongdoing and the report will come out after most have moved on. I don't trust Cressida Dick at all, a thoroughly useless head of the Met and someone who should have gone a number of times. Johnson has backed her. The establishment protects itself I hope Starmer refers to him as 'The Accused' on Wednesday though. Edited January 25, 2022 by Factotum Quote
Paid Members Fatty Facesitter Posted January 25, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2022 1 hour ago, Onyx2 said: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60123850 Shrewd. Quote
Paid Members stumobir Posted January 25, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2022 Not just that but it means Starmer won’t be able to push him on this for fear of interfering with a police investigation. Westminster and The Met are two cheeks of the same corrupt arse. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted January 25, 2022 Posted January 25, 2022 Only the Tories can act like a bunch of smug cunts while saying “you can’t ask me that, it’s part of an ongoing police investigation against me” Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted January 25, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2022 Plus this whole Russia/Ukraine business will push things further down the pipeline. Isn't Rishi Sunak's brother a high ranking officer in the Met? Presumably he'll be placed in charge of the investigation. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted January 25, 2022 Posted January 25, 2022 (edited) 8 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said: Plus this whole Russia/Ukraine business will push things further down the pipeline. Isn't Rishi Sunak's brother a high ranking officer in the Met? Presumably he'll be placed in charge of the investigation. On 1/14/2022 at 7:27 PM, Keith Houchen said: Without going all Duane… You massive racist. Edited January 25, 2022 by Keith Houchen Quote
Vamp Posted January 25, 2022 Posted January 25, 2022 Isn't it considered good practice for PMs to send troops off somewhere to create a wave of patriotism and improve their approval ratings? Quote
69MeDon Posted January 25, 2022 Posted January 25, 2022 I'm just saying, if I'm wiped out by a Russian ICBM, I'm not going to care how many parties ol' B**** had, am I? Quote
King Coconut Posted January 25, 2022 Posted January 25, 2022 1 hour ago, Vamp said: Isn't it considered good practice for PMs to send troops off somewhere to create a wave of patriotism and improve their approval ratings? Not if said action triggers a world war. Although, now I've typed those words, I'm already doubting myself. Thank god we sent those war-mongering fuckers back to where they came from when we had the chance, eh? Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted January 26, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2022 A PM will send troops to protect plucky British colonial interests overseas, they're not going to get involved with a Russian border conflict in the hope of upping their approval ratings. Feel free to quote me on this when we're all eating rats in a nuclear winter, but I don't think the Russia/Ukraine thing is much more than sabre rattling, and won't have significant impact outside of the countries themselves. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted January 26, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2022 Yeah, you people. Quote
69MeDon Posted January 26, 2022 Posted January 26, 2022 39 minutes ago, scratchdj said: As if Linkedin couldn't get any more shit. "People like me"?! I get this, too. And I can't even write funny shit under his posts because I've got to be professional or whatever. Alas, only Tej Lavani gets the gift of my comedy genius. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 26, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2022 Did anyone else see Boris Johnson make a fat joke at Ian Blackford at PMQs and The Speaker said absolutely nothing. Hoyle has been such a downgrade in the role. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.