All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

1 hour ago, The Four Horsemen said:

Yeah imagine the wonderful job Starmer would have done!!

This is a very strange way to defend the government. If your case essentially amounts to "yeah they've done shit, but I think this person would have been equally shit" then it's not much of a case, is it? 

But actually look at what you're saying for a second. If every country in the world had a similar death rate, then you might have a leg to stand on. But they don't, there are countries which have done significantly better than us. This probably isn't breaking news, but we're an island - COVID coming to these shores at the scale it did wasn't inevitable. 

Time and time again, the government has made the worst possible choice. Everyone knew what would happen, for example, if the Government didn't take action on arrivals from India. It was face-palmingly obvious. By the time they did anything, it was far too late. 

Look at Christmas. The experts said: "don't do this", the government insisted they were going to do it anyway, and then changed course on short notice - but by that stage it was too late, and the damage was done. 

Then look at Cummings/Barnard Castle - not firing him did a ridiculous amount of damage. It made the rules seem optional, and from that day they basically became optional for many. 

Clearly you're a Tory voter. But this isn't fucking football, you don't support "your team" no matter what - you should be able to judge each decision and policy on its individual merit. I should be able to do that too, and I fucking wish the Tories had were responsible for something I could actually get behind to prove my point. In the absence of that, I'll give them this - it was nice of Johnson to get a rescue dog. 

42 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

This is a very strange way to defend the government. If your case essentially amounts to "yeah they've done shit, but I think this person would have been equally shit" then it's not much of a case, is it? 

It’s also pitting facts and statistics against opinion, which just doesn’t work. Brian Moore of Rugby Union fame asked Tory voters what it would take to stop voting for them. One guy replied until it can be proven that Labour wouldn’t do any worse, he will stick with the tories. I’m sure I don’t need to point out the flaw in that plan. 

As always, the answer to Moores question is Boris Johnson converting to Islam. 

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I fucking wish the Tories had were responsible for something I could actually get behind to prove my point. 

TBF, for all the criticism I have of them, the "unlocking" process from the January lockdown, taking it in steps, leaving time to see the effects of each step, having criteria for whether to proceed at each stage, and giving people an outline timescale for what happens when (while not committing to particular dates) has generally worked well. Even it has mainly been driven by Johnson realising that the theory he's political Teflon would really be tested by having to reimpose a lockdown later on.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Clearly you're a Tory voter. But this isn't fucking football, you don't support "your team" no matter what - you should be able to judge each decision and policy on its individual merit. I should be able to do that too, and I fucking wish the Tories had were responsible for something I could actually get behind to prove my point. In the absence of that, I'll give them this - it was nice of Johnson to get a rescue dog. 

Quoted because that's something that does my head in about British Politics now. I'm in an argument with a Starmer supporter on Twitter right now, just because I said his suspension of Corbyn was a bit shit, No other criticism. Just that one decision and it really is like arguing about football. Just blind loyalty and lots of "what-about-ery."

Cummings was the worst example though. I can get MPs defending him, because they were clearly following orders, but the average cunt online arguing technicalities was just fucking mental. At some point, bots were claiming that his son was autistic and people just jumped on it as a defense, without even bothering to check if it was true or not. That's disgusting behaviour. I'd imagine a lot of those same cunts are now ripping him apart since he's turned on the Tories.

Anyway, I'd have done a better job than Matt Hancock and I'm thick as fuck. Pretty sure an intelligent, educated man like Keir Starmer would've been fine.

• Paid Members

He looks smarter there than he did at his own wedding.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

They shopped Harry Kane in, it was a still image of Th*tcher to get him showing that kind of enthusiasm. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Boris Johnson never looks smart. Or well-dressed.

I'm marking on a scale, but agree that "less scruffy" would have been the correct terminology.