Things that you know will be shit

Gus Mears

3 hours ago, Nick James said:

Lee Lard seems to do a lot of his own stuff, but in a Peter Kay voice and outfit for some reasons, with some Peter Kay stuff thrown in. It's as shit as it sounds, BUT, this chap just straight up copies Peter Kay.

Awful.

In all fairness reading out somebody else's jokes is the proper way to do a Peter Kay tribute. 

• Paid Members

Apparently Peter Kay still sues people for claiming he was known as the Gagpie on the comedy circuit when he started out so definitely don't call him that.

Edited by Devon Malcolm
knee slide

• Paid Members

I asked my wife last night if she would rather watch a Peter Kay tribute act that was a mix of original material and Peter Kay’s material done by someone dressed as Peter Kay or a Peter Kay tribube act that was entirely Peter Kay jokes told word for word done by someone dressed as Peter Kay.

She almost immediately said “neither of them, leave me alone”.

• Paid Members

My mum asked me to try and get two tickets to see Repeater Kay on his new tour, and I asked whether it was because she wanted to see him twice. She had wanted to take me as well, until I told her that I'm not a fan. His television stuff is fine, but I've never been a fan of his stand-up. 

I tried to get on the O2 Priority app for a ticket for her on Thursday to no avail, and my mum's tried this afternoon through the website and was 358,000th in the queue before she sacked it off and we got tickets to see Tim Vine instead. I know some of you won't think this is the biggest of improvements, but my mum and and I are fans. 

Anyone see that story doing the rounds of that woman who thought she was getting Repeater tickets and ended up getting Harlem Globetrotters tickets?  All thoughts of sympathy disappeared when she said she had ten of them. 

Can’t stand Peter Kay, just saying the same old shit catchphrases over and over again is never funny . . . . I hope he drops it.