The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, MachoLibre said:

Corbin supposedly is much like a Shawn Spears. A good, safe hand. Will make others look good whilst taking total care of them. Just with zero star quality. Often a place somewhere for such types.

Now you're just McClouding the issue.

• Paid Members

Constable Corbin was the worst authority figure they've ever done, and there's been a lot of them. Although it did give us that moment when the McMahons came out and blamed him for their ratings being shite at the time.

1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Constable Corbin was the worst authority figure they've ever done, and there's been a lot of them. Although it did give us that moment when the McMahons came out and blamed him for their ratings being shite at the time.

I completely forgot about Constable Corbin. Ava in NXT is crap, Brad Maddox wasn't brilliant and I wasn't a fan of Kurt Angle as Smackdown GM, but the fact Corbin was all over the show in the way that he was puts him in contention for worst ever. John Laurinaitis, for similar reasons, is up (down?) there for me - he was absolutely awful in that role. 

• Paid Members

I feel like Baron Corbin would only have got hired in the first place in that one specific time frame. A few years earlier or later and I don't think they would have touched him. 

Holy **** that crowd pop when roman picked up the Ula Fala then put it round his neck was something to beheld. When you can elicit a response and reaction that loud for something so small it shows so much what a superstar he truly is wow 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Any other time, I’d take the piss out of the WWE Performance Center Shocked Face™, but this is the one exception. It completely works within the fiction.

Imagine Roman Reigns’ character, assuming all he had to deal with was clumsy fools like Tanga Loa, only for fucking Jacob Fatu to run you over like a train! If anything, he’s not shocked enough!

IMG_9189.jpeg.a554387b15981b565a145944e7ef6301.jpeg

That is a man wondering if he still has Sami and Jey’s number saved in his phone.

Edited by Supremo

28 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Imagine Roman Reigns’ character, assuming all he had to deal with was clumsy fools like Tanga Loa, only for fucking Jacob Fatu to run you over like a train! If anything, he’s not shocked enough!

And he destroyed him while wearing a boot, that was all sorts of brilliant, it made Fatu look like an absolute badass, and just plain terrifying. 

On the opposite end of the quality spectrum, Pretty Deadly might be my least favourite act in WWE right now. That segment with Nia Jax was McMahon-booking levels of bad, I hated it. 

Edited by RedTwoster

Fatu with the boot was superb. Made him look even more mental than already thought. My only issue with the segment is that there was absolute real heat in that building and we got the piped in sound because there was a swear word - Netflix will resolve a lot of that type of stuff when SD goes back to being the B show. This isn’t a “PG bad” comment - it’s just really annoying when you hear the switch to a piped sound.

The post above about Pretty Deadly should be met with a ban I feel so strongly about how great an act they are. Perfect in their roles.

I'm generally a fan of a Pretty Deadly and the silliness of them but I agree that the segment last night was pretty bad

Not so much them but as a whole it just felt awkward, the mics on Pretty Deadly didn't seem to work well enough to hear them clearly, Nia didn't seem to really know what to do once she was in the ring I mean she seemed to hate it and told Tiffany that but then Stratton didn't really react to it and seemed to almost ignore Nias indifference to a point and carried on with the Pretty Deadly part and Nia just went with it again 

I Don't know but it all just felt awkward and cringey with no one 100% on board with it and knowing what to do during it.

• Paid Members

The pop that Roman got for putting the Ula Fala round his neck was incredible, but I can't help but think the Fatu interference would have been better timed if he had cut him off just before it happened, rather than thirty seconds later. Would have really helped to heap heat on the beat down that followed, plus build massive anticipation for the moment Roman finally gets to reclaim the Ula Fala down the road. Other than that, brilliant segment once again.

34 minutes ago, FUM said:

Fatu with the boot was superb. Made him look even more mental than already thought. My only issue with the segment is that there was absolute real heat in that building and we got the piped in sound because there was a swear word - Netflix will resolve a lot of that type of stuff when SD goes back to being the B show. This isn’t a “PG bad” comment - it’s just really annoying when you hear the switch to a piped sound.

I don’t know if things will change much at all. Smackdown being the ‘B show’ was very much a Vince McMahon bias, and with it being their only representation on a major TV network in the States (and the only show which has the measuring stick of ratings), I imagine it’ll still be treated well. I  think Raw and Smackdown are pretty even these days, and I don’t think that’ll change.

37 minutes ago, FUM said:

The post above about Pretty Deadly should be met with a ban I feel so strongly about how great an act they are. Perfect in their roles.

I used to like them, but the definitive turning point for me was the utterly abysmal skit at Wrestlemania; although I’d been souring on them for a while. Don’t get me wrong, they’re both talented - but I find them embarrassing to watch. 

Meltzer a few days ago: “Things have remained quiet on Jacob Fatu. They don’t want him mixed in with Reigns at this point or selling big for him, and everyone has to sell big for Reigns right now. So he’s off due to being injured, but they aren’t making a big deal of his injury either as he’s supposed to be a monster. So they are low keying their angle.

They’ve kept totally quiet as to whether he’s actually hurt or what the situation is, but most if not all of this is a work and his not being around and intermixing with Reigns was all planned.”

“The deal is they’re trying to have Jacob Fatu completely avoid Roman Reigns because everyone has to sell for Roman Reigns and they want to keep Jacob Fatu special.

So, he’s going to be gone while Roman Reigns is around until whenever the time is right to hook them up.”

Meltzer tomorrow: "Plans changed."

8 minutes ago, blackholesun85 said:

Meltzer a few days ago: “Things have remained quiet on Jacob Fatu. They don’t want him mixed in with Reigns at this point or selling big for him, and everyone has to sell big for Reigns right now. So he’s off due to being injured, but they aren’t making a big deal of his injury either as he’s supposed to be a monster. So they are low keying their angle.

They’ve kept totally quiet as to whether he’s actually hurt or what the situation is, but most if not all of this is a work and his not being around and intermixing with Reigns was all planned.”

“The deal is they’re trying to have Jacob Fatu completely avoid Roman Reigns because everyone has to sell for Roman Reigns and they want to keep Jacob Fatu special.

So, he’s going to be gone while Roman Reigns is around until whenever the time is right to hook them up.”

Meltzer tomorrow: "Plans changed."

Why do you care what Dave Meltzer thinks or says about something?