The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

I suppose the lack of depth is something a few new signings could fix. If they do bring in Penta, Fenix and Ricky Starks, the roster feels a little stronger; albeit far from what you would want. Maybe Vinci will end up being a decent addition; heck, this is about as good an opportunity as he could hope for, given how little competition there is.

And poor Baron Corbin. A roster as thin as this, and Triple H still doesn’t want to use him. I thought he was one of the few highlights on NXT, during his most recent run there.

I mean in fairness Corbin has been on TV every week recently in the team with Apollo Crews

Not quite at the same level but think I've found a tag team I can't stand almost as much as FTR.

DIY are shite aren't they, the promo where Ciampa missed his cue, and then still doing the same tired shtick they were doing years ago, except now they're far less over and have been exposed as just  not being that good anyway. Useless.

Rest of the show was good, watched raw before it which was a much better show, as has been said Smackdown is thin on stars, the Reigns return was great with how over he is, depending on how long Fatu is out they're going to have a hard job convincing anyone the new bloodline could beat him up or hang with him, add the Usos to the mix and they'll look like right a bunch of jobbers.

• Paid Members

There’s something delightfully early nineties about the two main feuds in WWE being over CM Punk’s bracelet and Roman Reigns’ necklace.

They should turn them into WWE’s Infinity Stones. Add Carlito’s PS5. Whoever collects them all gets to click their fingers, turning their opponent to dust, written out of WWE forever.

Ideally it’s Karrion Kross that gets dusted.

15 hours ago, Callum1993 said:

I mean in fairness Corbin has been on TV every week recently in the team with Apollo Crews

He’s only wrestled three TV matches since his return to the main roster, all of them defeats. I mean, I’m not saying it’s a shameful waste of talent or anything like that, but he must feel a bit miffed, looking at the roster they’re working with and his place on it. And fuck, I’d personally take Corbin over Kross, Andrade or Carmello Hayes any day of the week. 

Edited by RedTwoster

I always viewed corbin as underrated in his role as a heel, one of the few who gets genuinely disliked by a crowd. I always remember seeing an nxt live show were anyone and everyone got cheered. Except corbin. 

• Paid Members

Baron Corbin is the epitome of former footballer phoning it in rather than get a real job after finishing playing. It's not like he had a stellar NFL career either, because if he had he wouldn't need the paycheck. He clearly doesn't really like wrestling, it's just a job. That's why he is shit and always will be. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I thought people reappraising The Miz as good was bad but Baron Corbin? Fuck me.

I remember when he had his really shit balding long hair which actually kind of worked because he was a heel but he shaved it all off because he was fed up of people slagging it off. To me that summed up how shit he was because anyone with half a brain or understanding of wrestling would have made an angle out of a babyface cutting off a heels trademark shitty haircut. But no he just turned up one week completely bald. Idiot.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

End of Days is a great finisher for him with his size and I Bring The Darkness was a great theme. He had a good entrance when he had the lone wolf character with the spotlights as he walked to the ring. 

And that’s all that’s good about him in wrestling.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Are we really reappraising Baron Corbin, one of the most consistently boring, rubbish and unwanted wrestlers of his generation.

My comment is more of a dig at Kross, Hayes and Andrade than it is praise of Corbin. That said, he was decent enough in NXT, and his tag team with Bron Breakker was one of the few highlights of that show. Again, faint praise - but praise nonetheless.

• Paid Members

He reminded me of Barry Windham when he started in NXT because of how he carried himself, but he is pretty bad and I feel like I have to apologise to the Windham family for even having that thought.