The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Overall - Good show which had a big-time feel because of the setting. Not flawless but a nice taster ahead of tonight’s main course. 

👍 Bloodline Business - Another strong segment and it added further intrigue to tonight. I now fully buy the possibility that Roman might be the one who eats the pin and this will set us up for Summerslam and beyond. Juicy. Juicy Ucey. 

👍 Owens/Zayn vs Pretty Deadly - Fun atmosphere though shame on the crowd for not getting behind their local heroes! Not quite a ripper but not ridiculously dull either. 

👍 Ladder match business - Apart from Logan tripping over parts of his promo, the setup with LA Knight and the resultant triple threat made for good TV. LA Knight’s been superb of late. 

👎 Austin Theory/Ridge Holland - I actually thought Ridge put in a decent showing. Theory though is just so bland. Anti-climatic ending. 

👎 Asuka vs Charlotte - Again, screwy finish. 

👎 Bayley/Shotzi - Bit dull. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I mean this is just going to be awesome isn't it?

45 minutes of a 2 hour episode of Smackdown. And generally bits of it were good. Other bits were fucking obvious as to where it was going and it was drawn out. The wrestling absolutely took a back seat with all the matches clearly running shorter than expected. Still, I’m sure for some it will be the greatest episode of wrestling they ever saw, but for me it was just another Smackdown.

• Paid Members

Roman doing the swerve was great, on his knees, in tears, crowd audibly gasping, but everything after he hit the low blow went on for fucking ever. The most drawn out brawl I can remember. Admittedly, The Bloodline stuff is carrying the entire company, but fucking hell they didn’t need nearly half of the show to tell that story. Turns out you can have too much of a good thing.

No LA Knight? For shame. He would’ve taken the roof off of Madison Square Garden.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Roman doing the swerve was great, on his knees, in tears, crowd audibly gasping, but everything after he hit the low blow went on for fucking ever. The most drawn out brawl I can remember. Admittedly, The Bloodline stuff is carrying the entire company, but fucking hell they didn’t need nearly half of the show to tell that story. Turns out you can have too much of a good thing.

No LA Knight? For shame. He would’ve taken the roof off of Madison Square Garden.

It would have been much better if he didn’t pull the same swerve a few weeks back when he got solo to attack after the hug. But I think you’re spot on.

LA Knight did a bit before Smackdown I guess to stop them rooting during the show. But I felt bad for Kross here 

Not sure who I want to dethrone Roman. 

Jey at Summerslam to bring a an incredible 3 year story to a close, or Sami winning the rumble and taking it off him at Mania, playing into the master strategist character about how he destroyed the Bloodline from within and now will take the last thing he has.

It absolutely shouldn't be Cody though, just because he wears a suit and says some silly big words.

The post-traumatic Sami disorder is very strange. They’ve very clearly moved on.

I think it should be Solo. They’re clearly moving in that direction, possibly after Summerslam… but he’s the one within the Bloodline with the most potential to be a singles star. Jey and Jimmy are great, but within a month it’ll be not working and they’ll be working their way back to being a tag team.

If it’s none of them, for whatever reason, then yeah just do Cody. Only because he’s the biggest star in the company not in the Bloodline, but I’m not sure that’s the best reason.

30 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

45 minutes of a 2 hour episode of Smackdown. And generally bits of it were good. Other bits were fucking obvious as to where it was going and it was drawn out. The wrestling absolutely took a back seat with all the matches clearly running shorter than expected. Still, I’m sure for some it will be the greatest episode of wrestling they ever saw, but for me it was just another Smackdown.

I mean the comment at the end is..odd. Yes some people will have enjoyed it more than others. That's to be expected for absolutely everything ever.

As for stuff being "obvious" - again, another criticism that gets thrown around sometimes and it's not really true. Just because someone guesses what will happen it doesn't make it obvious. There have been so many twists and turns in the storyline and plenty haven't been predicted by anyone. And hey once in a while people get stuff right. Good for them. Doesn't necessarily make that a bad thing either. Not everything needs to be a complete shock to work.

Probably also worth mentioning that there was a time when the biggest criticism of Roman was that he couldn’t cut a promo. Fucking hell he’s turned that round.

Just FYI, if Cody is winning the WWE title because that’s the title his daddy didn’t… I’d have him beat Solo for it. The man who stole his opportunity.

No reason Roman can’t be doing something else come April next year.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I mean the comment at the end is..odd. Yes some people will have enjoyed it more than others. That's to be expected for absolutely everything ever.

As for stuff being "obvious" - again, another criticism that gets thrown around sometimes and it's not really true. Just because someone guesses what will happen it doesn't make it obvious. There have been so many twists and turns in the storyline and plenty haven't been predicted by anyone. And hey once in a while people get stuff right. Good for them. Doesn't necessarily make that a bad thing either. Not everything needs to be a complete shock to work.

Was it not obvious that he was reeling him in to low blow him?

Anyway, as much as I appreciate your thoughts on my thoughts, as someone who said it was gonna be awesome, was it?