The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

Noticed tonight is the last scheduled John Cena Smackdown appearance (although he will be on next week's as its a double taping tonight).

Sad times.

He looks like he’s really enjoyed it this time, I wonder if he will try to fit more in next year.  Dude can still go and there are a LOT of matchups that would generate interest.

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

He looks like he’s really enjoyed it this time, I wonder if he will try to fit more in next year.  Dude can still go and there are a LOT of matchups that would generate interest.

Be nice if they could squeeze Survivor Series out of him, but I imagine he puts Solo over at CJ and then that will be it for a while, possible Mania 40 appearance no idea who against though.

2 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Noticed tonight is the last scheduled John Cena Smackdown appearance (although he will be on next week's as its a double taping tonight).

Sad times.

It's been mental how much I've enjoyed him being back after genuinely hating him when he was full time.

He has actually been really good in ring and on the mic and it's been refreshing too have him for the 8/9 weeks consistently again. If this is the last smackdown for him will be be on the crown jewel PPV and that be it I'm guessing.

Also I've read today that apparently Roman reigns will not be appearing at survivor series which is fucking outrageous and at this point I'm now pissed off with him being out for so long but having both titles 

4 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Also I've read today that apparently Roman reigns will not be appearing at survivor series which is fucking outrageous and at this point I'm now pissed off with him being out for so long but having both titles 

Why would you be pissed off NOW about him being out for so long with both titles?

Just now, The King of Old School said:

Roman Reigns could have at least done something at Survivor Series I feel. Like be in the war games match. Could have had a nice break before the Rumble then.

Nah fuck them, Roman has rightly got the best deal for him and absolutely deserved at that. They are lucky to have him at all. 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

15 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Why would you be pissed off NOW about him being out for so long with both titles?

Might as well bin off talking about “both titles.” He’s only champ of SmackDown and has been for several months. The Universal title may as well no longer exist, they’re never separating those titles now.

What would you rather, Kfogg? Since before Elimination Chamber you’ve alternatively bemoaned the lack of long term planning and “letting things breathe” and also criticised WWE at times for rigidly sticking to a plan and not “striking while the irons hot.” So what would you rather, they set the table for Cody which they can really warm up come Rumble, and there’s the Knight match on the horizon before then. Would you rather them shoehorn in some random match for the sake of it when Roman has both an immediate AND long term future laid out? Waste another of his limited dates just three weeks after a well paid title match in Saudi Arabia? What should they do with him at Survivor Series, which for the longest time has usually been just another B show between SummerSlam and the Rumble anyway? How do you want them to  book him on that show?

44 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

What's up with Roman missing so much of the year? Is he on some kind of part time deal?

He signed a new deal last year with reduced dates. He said at the time he’s worked a full schedule long enough and has five kids to handle now basically. 

He also picked up an injury in the match with Jey Uso so unsure if that had an affect or is having an affect on anything.

Edited by FUM

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Supremo said:

Roman missing Survivor Series is a clue. Who else has missed loads of Survivor Series pay per views in recent years? CM Punk, of course! CM Punk return at Survivor Series confirmed.

Who made his main roster debut at a Survivor Series? Roman Reigns. In whose match did he interfere? CM Punk. The numbers don’t lie. And they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice. Survivor Series. Whatever.