The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

15 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Is there some relevance to this that I'm missing?

Considering what they’ve doing with Sami on Smackdown for the last couple of months, it gives them the chance to build something for him heading into Wrestlemania. The event was held in Saudi Arabia this year, shows which Sami either doesn’t/isn’t allowed to travel to due to his Syrian(?) heritage. Having the show in Canada allows them to keep going with the Sami story rather than putting him on the back burner and plonking someone else into that spot for a few weeks

18 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Considering what they’ve doing with Sami on Smackdown for the last couple of months, it gives them the chance to build something for him heading into Wrestlemania. The event was held in Saudi Arabia this year, shows which Sami either doesn’t/isn’t allowed to travel to due to his Syrian(?) heritage. Having the show in Canada allows them to keep going with the Sami story rather than putting him on the back burner and plonking someone else into that spot for a few weeks

Ahh, of course. Roman/Sami in Canada would feel electric, and I wonder if the step after that would be Sami/Owens vs. The Usos. That would be good but...I dunno, I'm pretty invested in seeing Sami become champ; and specifically beating Roman Reigns to do so. 

I can't believe they won't pull the trigger on the Sami story earlier than Feb to be honest. My guess would be right after Wargames they have The Bloodline turn on him. I was predicting Sami Vs Roman at the rumble but you could have Sami out "injured" with Owens/Roman at the Rumble. Sami wins that leading to Sami/Roman at the chamber 1 on 1 and freeing Roman up for Rock potentially at Mania and Usos Vs Sami/Owens on the undercard. 

Not sure what you do with the Men's chamber winner though at this point. 

3 hours ago, simonworden said:

I can't believe they won't pull the trigger on the Sami story earlier than Feb to be honest. My guess would be right after Wargames they have The Bloodline turn on him. I was predicting Sami Vs Roman at the rumble but you could have Sami out "injured" with Owens/Roman at the Rumble. Sami wins that leading to Sami/Roman at the chamber 1 on 1 and freeing Roman up for Rock potentially at Mania and Usos Vs Sami/Owens on the undercard. 

Not sure what you do with the Men's chamber winner though at this point. 

Judging by the previous booker you would be right but Triple H has always been willing to play the long game with storylines and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s started to accept Sami as the back up option should The Rock not agree to turn up at WrestleMania. I just don’t see how they get The Rock at this stage to be honest, he’s probably the busiest guy in the world that isn’t a world leader.

3 minutes ago, FUM said:

Judging by the previous booker you would be right but Triple H has always been willing to play the long game with storylines and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s started to accept Sami as the back up option should The Rock not agree to turn up at WrestleMania. I just don’t see how they get The Rock at this stage to be honest, he’s probably the busiest guy in the world that isn’t a world leader.

True, I can fantasy book it but doubt it would be that interesting or if I'm actually.as interesting as I think. 

• Paid Members

Hang on. Are there still people who think Rock vs. Roman is preferable to Sami vs. Roman? Seriously?! Has everyone forgotten how utterly shit The Rock was last time? Or failed to notice that this Sami thing is absolutely magic?

This is it. One of those rare angles you're lucky to get once or twice a decade where everything clicks, the story practically writes itself and it would take a fool to not stick the landing. Honestly, forget booking Drew into a corner and making him look an absolute whopper in Cardiff. If they bring back The Rock over strapping the rocket to Sami that'll be the worst Vince-ism of all time. Carbon copy of bringing back Batista when everyone on the planet can see Daniel Bryan's the guy.

The Rock vs. Roman looks great on a graphic. But stop and imagine the promos Rock would cut. The bullshit catchphrases he’d try and get over, straight out of Brian Gewirtz‘s 2008 notebook. And now imagine Sami Zayn finally standing up for himself and overcoming this abusive relationship. Gold.

Edited by Supremo

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Hang on. Are there still people who think Rock vs. Roman is preferable to Sami vs. Roman? Seriously?! Has everyone forgotten how utterly shit The Rock was last time? Or failed to notice that this Sami thing is absolutely magic?

My fear is that the plan is for Sami and Roman to be the final two in the Chamber at Elimination Chamber, Sami refuses to lie down for Roman and, after a valiant fight, loses. Roman gets the Usos to deal with Sami, Owens saves him, it’s The Usos vs Owens/Zayn at ‘Mania.

While Owens/Zayn vs The Usos would be a fun step along the way to a pay-off, it shouldn’t be THE pay-off. If the Rock match is already set in stone…well, Wrestlemania is a two-night event, do both Reigns/Rock and Reigns/Zayn. 

• Paid Members

Sami just out here trying to make people break on TV, this is the stuff I live for. As someone mentioned before, Jimmy Uso has the easiest job on TV being able to just piss himself laughing at Sami. 

Screenshot_20221026_062026.jpg

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members

if they can do Rock vs. Reigns, they absolutely should. But then there's the question of where they go from there - Roman has been so protected as champion for so long, likely at least in part in the hope that they get to do the Rock match (which doesn't need the titles involved, but I can see why they'd want that), that nobody else has been sufficiently built up to viably beat him. If The Rock wins, we're in no better position - they then need someone who they'd be prepared to beat The Rock, which would likely just be Roman again - and if Reigns wins, we're in exactly the same place as before.

Wrestlemania's two nights, and Roman Reigns has two titles. While I'm sure the plan is to do Sami/KO vs. The Usos, there's no reason they can't have Reigns fight The Rock for one title and Sami Zayn for the other, aside from the fact that they probably want to stack everything on The Rock's match to make it as big as possible. 

If anything I can see the main event of Wrestlemania being Cody Rhodes vs Roman Reigns. Cody will likely be back for the Rumble so it makes sense that he’ll win that and challenge Roman. Unless of course with Triple H in charge priorities have shifted but to me when he got injured he seemed the most likely challenger for Roman