All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

Really, really hope this works out. WWE is crying out for a little bit of competition to keep them on their toes. It is, however, a very big ask and I wouldn't expect this to surpass TNA even. I do hope I'm wrong, though.

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

It could be bollocks, but someone mentioned on Twitter that they had a copyright notice from AEW, for having Golden Lovers merchandise up on redbubble.

If the Golden Lovers are in then I'd consider making Kota Ibushi the World Champion pretty quickly. Guy's unworldly good. And he's gorgeous.

But also pretty useless on the mic to be the face of a new western based company 

agree on all the compliments tho 😍

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Vamp said:

Jericho is now openly telling people that he had a conversation with Vince before signing with AEW. Apparently Vince was fine about it. Shows you how concerned Vince is about Jericho going to AEW. Also shows you how "all in" Jericho is that he was worried about what the "competition" thinks.

I don't think Vince is cowering or anything, but I doubt Jericho will get many phone calls from him anymore, prepare for frost. They'll probably stop WWE guys going on his podcast too.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

But also pretty useless on the mic to be the face of a new western based company 

I don't think the market they're looking for give a fuck about mic skills. Only if you "can go." And to that audience he's one of the best.

8 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I don't think the market they're looking for give a fuck about mic skills. Only if you "can go." And to that audience he's one of the best.

With all the moaning in here about widespread appeal, having a Startup in America with a guy who’s English is minimal isn’t going to help. I’d not expect a champion to be established until All In 2 in September anyway to let the “wins and loses matter “ build up who deserves it 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Does anyone think they will strike up a partnership with the NWA?

The NWA is just whoever's house the belt is in right now, his mate and their dog.

• Paid Members

I liked the 10 Pounds of Gold miniseries they did, but I can't see the NWA ever becoming a promotion in itself. Billy Corgan is a name in the music world but if they were ever going to get a TV deal, something would have happened by now.

Impact was Pop's highest rated programme and they couldn't be arsed keeping them on. With AEW sucking all the oxygen out of the room, things will get harder and no networks are putting on a show where your biggest stars are Nick Aldis and Josephus.

Corgan and Dave Lagana are doing a lot with ROH and were backstage at both Impact events in Nashville last week, so expect it to become a title defended at various promotions or absorbed into another company somewhere along the line.

3 hours ago, Rob Lowe said:

I don't think Vince is cowering or anything, but I doubt Jericho will get many phone calls from him anymore, prepare for frost. They'll probably stop WWE guys going on his podcast too.

I think Vince is smarter than that.

He knows that realistically for the time being Jericho is probably the only person who would go from AEW to WWE so if the AEW delivers and becomes 'competition' Vince knows he can tempt Jericho back (and get inside information) or if it tanks he can lowball Jericho when he comes crawling back. 

Edited by Briefcase