All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

Enjoyed the interview with Khan on xpacs podcast. Gives a few hints towards it having a real sports feel, spluttered over the Goldberg question, and talks sense on most things

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, BobbyBurnell said:

I wish the people on here would stop mocking AEW. I know WWE is the be all and end all for most UK fans, But this could be huge for wrestling.

Mate, the UKFF isn't the place for you then. That's coming from a bloke who's mainly been watching TNA Impact for the past decade... 

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, BobbyBurnell said:

I wish the people on here would stop mocking AEW. I know WWE is the be all and end all for most UK fans, But this could be huge for wrestling.

Hi Cody.

13 minutes ago, BobbyBurnell said:

I dont think the criticism is because it's "not WWE", at least I don't want to think so, it stems from people (like me) arguably getting a little over excited before they even have a show in the books (unless you count All In). I get it, in the cold hard light of day I'd probably be a little more cautious too.....but I want to believe there is a market for good pro wrestling on a major scale that doesn't treat the audience with contempt, takes the shackles off talent  and isn't targeted at children. So I'm routing for this to succeed, because I want it to change the industry and light a fire that will lead to the next boom period......but I can understand those who think we are getting ahead of ourselves.....

1 minute ago, MPDTT said:

I dont think the criticism is because it's "not WWE", at least I don't want to think so, it stems from people (like me) arguably getting a little over excited before they even have a show in the books (unless you count All In). I get it, in the cold hard light of day I'd probably be a little more cautious too.....but I want to believe there is a market for good pro wrestling on a major scale that doesn't treat the audience with contempt, takes the shackles off talent  and isn't targeted at children. So I'm routing for this to succeed, because I want it to change the industry and light a fire that will lead to the next boom period......but I can understand those who think we are getting ahead of ourselves.....

I worry it's because it's not the WWE, I have a friend who flat out refuses to watch indies. So if his "faves" leave WWE, He'll stop caring about him. He's British of course. I worry that English fans are becoming marks, and not in the good way.

I wouldn't worry, live and let live. I want this to take off....I hope it does. Even the most sceptical UKFF member wouldn't hope it to fail. Everybody recognises the WWE has been dross for years and something needs to change. If in a year's time AEW is shaking things up...that alone will win praise.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

I want to believe there is a market for good pro wrestling on a major scale that doesn't treat the audience with contempt, takes the shackles off talent  and isn't targeted at children. 

Just because something is PG rated, it doesn't mean it's aimed at children. Please don't be one of those people.

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Just because something is PG rated, it doesn't mean it's aimed at children. Please don't be one of those people.

Please elaborate

I want TV-14, but you don't necessarily need to have that rating to achieve the product I want...at least not on TV (PPV, yes), but I do want to see a product aimed at the 18-35 audience, not 10+. You don't need to lower the bar to Val Venus Chopee Chopee to attract an adult audience, you do need edgy, but without the smut. Is that fair @Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

I want TV-14, but you don't necessarily need to have that rating to achieve the product I want...at least not on TV (PPV, yes), but I do want to see a product aimed at the 18-35 audience, not 10+. You don't need to lower the bar to Val Venus Chopee Chopee to attract an adult audience, you do need edgy, but without the smut. Is that fair @Devon Malcolm

No, not really. Ever heard of the Hays Code?

31 minutes ago, BobbyBurnell said:

WWE is pretty childish mate, come on. Don't deny it. He's not saying because it's PG, He's saying because it's childish crap.

Amen brother!