Brexit

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

The main crux is that what the "man in the street" wants from Brexit and what the Tories and their cohorts want from Brexit aren't the same thing. May wants to try and provide both, but knows she can't. I dread to think of how awful the media would become if a second referendum was called but also agree that given how there'd be a good few more young voters who didn't get a say last time around due to their age it'd be a remain result. The problem being that unless it was an absolute landslide there'd probably then be calls to go for best of three. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

12 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

what the "man in the street" wants from Brexit and what the Tories and their cohorts want from Brexit

That in a nutshell though is the problem - what do they want? (not what do they not want)…

tell me your* plan then we can discuss the pros/cons             *not aimed at you jazzy, aimed at anyone who says "it could be better"

That's why the "will of the people" is so dumb

the leave vote covers everything from Norway to North Korea models

remain is everything from status quo (which should arguably include didn't vote, therefor a landslide) through to join the euro & shengen

• Paid Members

Unfortunately I get the feeling that a fair amount of what "the man in the street" wants boils down to the "dangers of immigration" and "£350 million a week for the NHS" they were told about during the campaign. I have a friend whose dad voted leave because he felt over the years since we voted to join the Common Market the nation hasn't seen a lot of what was promised ahead of that referendum.

• Awards Moderator
On 3/8/2019 at 4:13 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Just Will Self staring out Mark Francois on live TV, nothing to see here.

D1JQTyhV4AIN_kb.jpg

Imagine voting Tory.

That's my MP. A completely odious line-toeing toad. Obsessed with the military. Utter twat. 

7 minutes ago, courageous said:

Will Self shot heroin on John Major's air force one - he has no fucks to give

That isn't true and you should apologise to people who HAVE shot heroin on John Majors plane.

He snorted it

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

The IRA have just claimed responsibility for the bombs discovered in London and Glasgow. I fear this is only the start thanks to the situation with the Irish border.

Yeah, I saw the news alert and thought this couldn't be a coincidence.