Brexit

Devon Malcolm

They had to find someone impartial to verify the vote...so that ruled out any current MPs. Also, longer it takes, more expenses to be claimed...isn't there a rule that after a certain hour they can claim hotel expenses?

Edit: I reckon she wins this, but won't see out 2019. This guff about her not seeing the 2022 election - she'll step down in the summer next year and let someone else deal with the Brexit fallout.

Edited by bigfoote

117 (plus 10 DUP) have no confidence against 198 (plus 2 official investigation pending sex pests)

effectively a majority of 71 of her own side that she has to keep / win over to her deal... the screw is turning, but unless the EU do reopen negotiations (why should they?) I don't see any change since Monday

It's all in or all out

Some have said they pulled the trigger too quickly in causing this vote, had they waited a week or so until the EU's position became clearer, that 200 may well have been a lot less. Moggy tried his hardest to spin it as "votes for the paymaster", but you can't help but feel this is May's get out of jail free card, albeit at the cost to her of not being leader into the next election.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

So I take it Rees Mogg et al are going to shut up now because they lost the vote?  That's how they've been telling us how it works.

Not quite

1072963233613459456?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfwhttps://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1072963233613459456?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Edited by Chilly McFreeze

• Moderators
3 hours ago, courageous said:

117 (plus 10 DUP) have no confidence against 198 (plus 2 official investigation pending sex pests)

effectively a majority of 71 of her own side that she has to keep / win over to her deal... the screw is turning, but unless the EU do reopen negotiations (why should they?) I don't see any change since Monday

It's all in or all out

The DUP will never vote with Corbyn in a Non-Confidence vote, or any vote for that matter, in a month of Sundays. So 208 is more realistic. But, tbh, the non-confidence vote is more about pressure than trying to actually get her out.

Edited by PowerButchi