Brexit

Devon Malcolm

11 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

So I take it Rees Mogg et al are going to shut up now because they lost the vote? Ā That's how they've been telling us how it works.

There's about as much chance of that as there is of him buying a pair of glasses that fit. How many times does he slide those fuckers back up his nose in any given interview?

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I find it amazing that a man with such wealth can't get a decent tailor.Ā  People go on about Corbyn looking scruffy, but at least he isn't wearing a dead man's suit.Ā 

His suits are a pretty standard fit for a turn of the century gent. He hasn't discovered Italian tailoring and fitted suits yet, they didn't really enter the British fashion consciousness until the 1960s, so may as well be in the world of jetpacks and flying cars as far as Rees-Mogg's concerned.

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

Many just like him, yes. Ā There's a big difference between intelligence and education. Ā He and Boris are superbly educated but fundamentally stupid.

As Dennis Skinner said about Gideon, a man educated beyond his intelligence.Ā 

11 hours ago, Loki said:

Many just like him, yes. Ā There's a big difference between intelligence and education. Ā He and Boris are superbly educated but fundamentally stupid.

They're also quirky and entertaining, which is what seems to work in politics these days. It's fast becoming Idiocracy. The movie makers were almost 500 years out with their prediction, but still.

On 12/13/2018 at 10:49 AM, David said:

it's all to add to his quirky, Gussie Fink-Nottle character.

Please stop with these comparisons, Bertie Wooster and Gussie Fink-NottleĀ despite being upper class twits were fundamentally decent people and utterly harmless. I will allow you a Roderick Spode comparison but I will not have you disparage the others by using them to describe shits...

11 minutes ago, organizedkaos said:

Please stop with these comparisons, Bertie Wooster and Gussie Fink-NottleĀ despite being upper class twits were fundamentally decent people and utterly harmless. I will allow you a Roderick Spode comparison but I will not have you disparage the others by using them to describe shits...

Don't talk such rot, Roderick Spode is more like Nigel Farage if anything. Rees-Mogg is Fink-Nottle through and through.