Best chocolate bar

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Double Deckers and Snickers are definitely the best, I just wish they were twice the size. A standard bar goes down in three bites or less these days, it's never enough.

Pretty sure there are Snickers 2x bars now

1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

9C59650D-14C4-4799-ACB0-88C14B2ADD8B.gif

These were fantastic. Don't think they do them anymore sadly.

1 hour ago, Rey_Piste said:

My top pick would be a Double Decker, since that's already been nominated then after that I would say a Crunchie.

Crunchie to me was the ultimate as a kid, everything from the golden wrapper to the pure sweetness. Even the advert made this look fun. 

Nowadays its still nice, just feels so dirty on your teeth afterwards.

• Paid Members

Starbars are the king here. Sure, the peanut and Coconut boosts were both great, but only the peanut version survived and got rebranded to Starbar. It’s like a better Snickers.

also, chocolate straight out the fridge is wrong. Like trying to eat a brick. Unless it’s something thin like a Kit Kat which actually is improved if sticking it in the freezer for 20 minutes before eating

• Paid Members

On a side note, Bounty’s are loathed in my house. 

There was always 1 Aunty at Christmas who got a tub of celebrations for me and my brother to share. By the end of Christmas dinner there would just be a fuck load of shitty bounties left.

One year we got around 4-5 tubs of celebrations, meaning almost 1 full tubs worth of twatting bounties. So we posted the lot through Paul Tweddles letter box with a note saying ‘have an average Christmas’. 

He either liked them and was over joyed by the gesture (prick), or it ruined his Christmas (which ironically would have up’ed him in our estimations). We’ll never know.

• Paid Members

I think the Bounty is a solid chocolate. It's definitely a bit Marmite though. I think part of the issue is that it's so clearly inferior to other nut- based options like the Snickers that it gets a bad rap.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, PunkStep said:

If we're going domestic, then it's Boost. Just a lovely combination of chocolate, biscuit, fondant filling and caramel. No nougat bollocks like Gus' Double Decker.

98180.jpg

Close the thread, the clear winner was chosen on the first page. Wonderful choccy bar this, perfect for the 'eat choc first, filling after' routine (which was all ready established as the correct way to eat a chocolate bar).

Snickers and Kinda Bueno are runners up for me.