Everybody loves shit neighbours

Devon Malcolm

The neighbours connected behind me who only made noise when they have been drinking (the odd Saturday and new years) have moved out and so has the screaming chav infront of me across the garden path so i will have 2 new sets of neighbours soon.

I'm dreading the worst.

2 hours ago, scratchdj said:

There’s a house round the corner that new people have just moved in to. They have a shitty little yappy dog that they let out about 10:45 every night. It then barks and yaps loudly for 30 minutes whilst we’re trying to get to sleep. I just don’t get that. Can they not hear it? Is 10:45 not considered late by them? Or do they just think it’s OK and acceptable?

27AYo1Aav8w7.gif

We have a similar situation in our area. Neighbours to the rear of our garden have a yappy dog that barks it's head off late every night for prolonged periods. It's a nightmare during the summer when we've got the window open. Someone even mentioned the dog on one of those spotted pages on Facebook (as informed by the missus) and the owners responded saying how mean everyone was when its only a 10wk old puppy. Even though the dog has done this every night since I moved here back in 2016. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I had to pop in here to share another overheard incident. I just heard a bang and a voice yelling "OI, STOP THAT, YOU LITTLE FUCKING SHITS!" and a group of kids scattering down the road in laughter. Turns out, while passing by, one of them had managed to lob an apple through the open, upstairs living room window of the flat next door. A brilliantly Beano crime, complete with a couple of the kids coming back with wringing hands to apologise while he hung out of the window, with threats of "WHO ARE YOUR PARENTS?" and "I'M GOING TO THE POLICE!" at the real culprit, giggling down the road.

When I was younger we had the guy (con artist) who lived over the road who sold me and my brother fake Rockport. They weren't RockFort or anything but they looked completely shit. £40 which was steep tbh. I think I wore them twice. The embarrassment when everyone at school knew they were fake was too much and they went suspiciously missing. Never to be seen again. Sorry dad.

Another neighbour back in the day who lived next door to the con man who knocked his missus around. I remember waking up to seeing 2 police cars over the road and that big twat getting carted off. I was friends with one of his sons too. Sad really.

• 9 months later...
  • Paid Members

What a great weekend it's been. Someone had their wing mirror smashed in and car egged directly outside out front door Friday night,. On the same evening I had to go to  one of the neighbours further away and tell them to keep it down at midnight, where I was greeted with an incredibly drunk man who tried to get aggressive with me but was so pissed he fell through his garden fence and broke it.. To top it off, four homeless people started shooting up in the lane at the bottom of the garden about 7PM yesterday and have left bloody syringes everywhere. 

I will be overjoyed when we move in a couple of months. 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

What a great weekend it's been. Someone had their wing mirror smashed in and car egged directly outside out front door Friday night.

I will be overjoyed when we move in a couple of months. 

Where are you moving to mate?

1AF6808F-4514-4C15-9412-AFE7AEB216E5.jpeg

• Paid Members

I've got a great neighbour. We had an agreement where he put his booze cans in my green bin so his missus wouldn't find them and bollock him (he drinks shitloads and doesn't work). In return he'd let me put my takeaway boxes in his green bin so my missus wouldn't bollock me for having one every time I'm home alone.

Turns out my GF knew all along what we were doing. She thought the whole thing was hilarious/pathetic, which it absolutely was.

Edited by Wretch

• Paid Members

Was woken up this morning by one of our new neighbours vomiting copiously and loudly at the bottom of his stairs, followed by his landlord bellowing to his wife "SOMEONE'S BEEN SICK 'ERE!"

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Was woken up this morning by one of our new neighbours vomiting copiously and loudly at the bottom of his stairs, followed by his landlord bellowing to his wife "SOMEONE'S BEEN SICK 'ERE!"

Hang on,  What was the landlord doing with his wife? Putting the rent up again?!!