Sign in to follow this  
Keith Houchen

Post An Unpopular Opinion

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Big Fish as well, beautiful film.

Nope that's at best insipid and mediocre. I'll give you it's better than a lot of his rubbish.

12 minutes ago, DEF said:

Nope that's at best insipid and mediocre. I'll give you it's better than a lot of his rubbish.

I think he is total garbage but Albert Finney is so good in Big Fish that he makes you wrong. 

3 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Pizza is overrated 

Pizza is so varied it depends. A lot of takeaway Pizza is stodgy. Some is excellent. Pizza in a proper resteraunt in Italy is so light and thin and the topping so fresh and with so much flavour, it's absolutely devine.

Just now, Keith Houchen said:

I think he is total garbage but Albert Finney is so good in Big Fish that he makes you wrong. 

There's no denying good acting but good acting does not a good movie make.

Indeed it doesn't but the acting in Big Fish is what made it Burtons best film for me.  Then again it might be because there was no Johnny Depp.

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles is and was rubbish. I like the action figures, the comics and the movies but the cartoon was really annoying. The utter stupidity of the Foot, Shredder and Krang always infuriated me. EVERYONE I knew loved that show too and I just couldn't see it. I think probably because it could have been and so close to being awesome but instead was just annoying.

Frankie Boyle is, at best, an average stand up comedian. "Like a blah blah and rape and then some incest" gets right old after 20 minutes.

Edited by ColinBollocks

19 minutes ago, DEF said:

The utter stupidity of the Foot, Shredder and Krang always infuriated me.

Everything about Krang was amazing and I won't hear otherwise.

3 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Frankie Boyle is, at best, an average stand up comedian. "Like a blah blah and rape and then some incest" gets right old after 20 minutes.

He's not even that. I always enjoyed, in a skin crawling sort of way, him throwing out some controversial gag on Mock The Week. He was astonishingly shit when I saw him live though. Awful structure, crap, awkward banter with the audience and the controversial stuff we'd all heard before.

4 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

He's incredibly frustrating because he's an intelligent guy, and has the capacity to make some really good and funny observations. But then he just falls back on the shock shit that's abrasive and unfunny all the time. I read a book he wrote, that was a fun well-written fiction story but interspersed were chapters of basically what was his stand up material. The story was good, but I had to just skip the other chapters because they were such an unfunny chore.

1 hour ago, DEF said:

Jackie Brown is QT's best film.

Surely that's not an unpopular opinion?  Bridget Fonda in tiny pants and Samuel L Jackson dialled up to 11 is a pretty solid combo.

1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

...artists get fuck all money

That's the biggest issue for Spotify with me and the artists are in a catch 22.  For smaller independent artists selling one physical CD, or even a paid download through Amazon MP3 or iTunes, will net them the same money as several thousand streams (I think it was 0.4c per track stream).  If the album is on Spotify people will not buy it, however, if they aren't on Spotify then they're effectively invisible.