• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

That's disappointing to hear. Less a Rose, more of a Thorn then.

Just like every night has its dawn

Edited by Carbomb

Any MLS fans in the house? With the new AppleTV deal it's now possible to follow a team throughout the entire season without worrying about regional blackouts and suchlike.

Season is a few weeks deep, and already my beloved Toronto FC look like they're going to fail despite spending big on Italian talent.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, David said:

Any MLS fans in the house? With the new AppleTV deal it's now possible to follow a team throughout the entire season without worrying about regional blackouts and suchlike.

Season is a few weeks deep, and already my beloved Toronto FC look like they're going to fail despite spending big on Italian talent.

All the matches are on bet365 too if you have a funded account.

I follow the USL and USL1 because I'm a football hipster and follow San Diego Loyal. American football is good entertainment. You can get a lot of the regional leagues and USL2 and all the women's equivalent leagues on ElevenSports too.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

All the matches are on bet365 too if you have a funded account.

I follow the USL and USL1 because I'm a football hipster and follow San Diego Loyal. American football is good entertainment. You can get a lot of the regional leagues and USL2 and all the women's equivalent leagues on ElevenSports too.

Some lovely kits to be found in those leagues, but I do find the level of football quite poor when I've seen it.

Having said that, this is a Forward Madison house. Go 'Mingos!

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Some lovely kits to be found in those leagues, but I do find the level of football quite poor when I've seen it.

Having said that, this is a Forward Madison house. Go 'Mingos!

Oh yeah, some of the standard is brutal but makes for plenty of goals and fun, which is what I'm usually watching for. Fascinating watching some of the places they play, too, and the different leagues they have in place. There's a huge amount of participation across the States as well just looking at the amount of leagues they have going on.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, David said:

Ooooh, they've got Bernardeschi! I never see it anymore, but when it was on Sky I took a liking to LA FC. I seem to gravitate to the smaller team in LA (Clippers fan) for some reason. 

• Paid Members

I always keep an eye on Indy Eleven's scores. An endearingly crap American name, I went to one of their games when I was visiting the US. The games at the time were played in the massive 70,000 seater Lucas Oil Stadium, also the home of NFL team the Indianapolis Colts. The most surreal game I've been to in my life, a couple of thousand of us in this colossal stadium watching some USL Championship action. It made watching Queen's Park at Hampden a few years back seem relatively normal. 

This season I've also been checking Atlanta United's results to see how Giakoumakis is getting on. That move still seems madness to me. 

On 3/13/2023 at 12:44 PM, SpiritOfTheForest said:

That move still seems madness to me. 

I'm sure I read that he's basically tripled the salary he was getting at Celtic, so there's that. Plus, the idea of living as a wealthy person in somewhere like Atlanta certainly beats living in Glasgow.

• Paid Members
On 3/13/2023 at 10:34 AM, David said:

Used to follow Toronto as one of their managers played for Bristol City, however for no apparent reason they locked international fans out of their online player and 15 years go by with no regular at-will service until now (Sky's ham-fisted promotion of LA Galaxy as if they were Leeds notwithstanding); so I've latched onto STL City as I follow both the Cardinals and the (then-STL) Rams. 3 games, 3 wins.

Apple's player could use a little work in that there's too much digging to get to full-game replays, and they need to HIDE THE SCORES. That's the biggest gripe. Other than that it plays really smoothly, no connection issues on my end. May wait a couple of months to get a monthly deal and then pay the full amount next year.

• 2 weeks later...