Pretty much. He split up with his wife last year so there were rumours linking him to some other person whose name I didn't recognise. Rather than ignore this tabloid bullshit or even call it out, he instead sent a tweet saying he's gay. Puyol immediately responded and got in on said 'joke' by suggesting they were in fact together.

Unsurprisingly, Casillas has now claimed he was hacked. I don't know if Puyol has come up with a similar genius excuse to defend their general farcical pisstaking, but I imagine they're going to suddenly discover the same hacker just happened to be on both of their accounts in that specific short time period, tweeting in a very similar manner to how they both usually tweet, before quickly being discovered and surrendering the accounts to their absolutely not homophobic rightful owners.

edit: yeah that ⬆️ 

Edited by Daaaaaad!

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Casillas has since came out claiming that he was hacked

Lying fucking cunt. At least Puyol admitted he was a cock. The 'I was hacked' line is such a frustrating, bullshit Tory attempt of absolving yourself of any responsibility. 

No wonder footballers are afraid to come out, between this and the torrid abuse aimed at both footballers in question before everyone realised it was a joke.

Unfortunately I saw the fall out of it directly effecting someone negatively.

I was at work with a gay friend and work colleague as the "news" broke.

They were genuinely excited about the potential that two huge names from the last 15 to 20 years of the game having apparently came out publicly could hugely positively influence not only the community but the game as a whole.

There was a feeling that this was the biggest step ever towards hopefully a gigantic step out of the dark ages.

A few hours later a horrid mix of disappointment and (entirely unneccessary) embaressment had replaced their optimism and excitement.

It's the sort of impact I probably wouldn't have ever considered the potential extent of if I hadn't seen it first hand.

Pair of cunts.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
8 hours ago, David said:

What a shitshow. Wasn't he one of the owners really pushing for the super league as well?

Massively, you could even say that it was all Agnelli and Perez. They were easily the two big names really pushing it and Angelli even backstabbed UEFA (que sera sera).

• 3 weeks later...

Can't find the football kit thread so will put this here.

Football Town have got a decent sale on in their Outlet 

https://footballtown.com/collections/football-town-outlet

International shirts with marble effect are down to £23 and there are a lot of championship and league one and league two clubs with shirts in the sale. They're £23 too.

If you use the code friend, it's also 20% off - they've also got a pop-up shop in London so can ship from UK with free shipping.