• Paid Members

Also shout out to Sheriff becoming the first Moldovan side to make the Champions League group stages last night. I'd argue that could be even more impressive than the Red Imps. 

I'm absolutely loving Ange ball but goodness me tonight sure showed our frailties. We're through after beating AZ. Interestingly, both of the goals we conceded were not from Alkmaar chances but from our own self-inflicted defensive calamities. Still, we advance 3-2 on aggregate and AZ are arguably better than any team we'll play domestically this season . Also, I adore Kyogo. 

Saints fought well tonight but it was all downhill after Wotherspoon got himself sent off. All for nothing which is somewhat disappointing after Callum Davidson's heroics but what a run they've had to even be in this position. LASK are no mugs either. Aberdeen though, totally disappointing. 3-1 at home to a team from Azerbaijan? (I should point out at this stage thatI've only been reading the live text of the other games as I was watching Celtic) That's embarrassing. Indeed, for Hibs, Aberdeen and St Johnstone all to crash out of Europe and for the Old Firm to once again be the only ones playing in Europe this season is disappointing. I had expected Aberdeen to get through and St Johnstone to have a very good chance. For dross like the Red Imps to make the Conference League while "the best of the rest" in Scotland all crash out is pretty sobering. 

1 hour ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Also shout out to Sheriff becoming the first Moldovan side to make the Champions League group stages last night. I'd argue that could be even more impressive than the Red Imps. 

I'm absolutely loving Ange ball but goodness me tonight sure showed our frailties. We're through after beating AZ. Interestingly, both of the goals we conceded were not from Alkmaar chances but from our own self-inflicted defensive calamities. Still, we advance 3-2 on aggregate and AZ are arguably better than any team we'll play domestically this season . Also, I adore Kyogo. 

Saints fought well tonight but it was all downhill after Wotherspoon got himself sent off. All for nothing which is somewhat disappointing after Callum Davidson's heroics but what a run they've had to even be in this position. LASK are no mugs either. Aberdeen though, totally disappointing. 3-1 at home to a team from Azerbaijan? (I should point out at this stage thatI've only been reading the live text of the other games as I was watching Celtic) That's embarrassing. Indeed, for Hibs, Aberdeen and St Johnstone all to crash out of Europe and for the Old Firm to once again be the only ones playing in Europe this season is disappointing. I had expected Aberdeen to get through and St Johnstone to have a very good chance. For dross like the Red Imps to make the Conference League while "the best of the rest" in Scotland all crash out is pretty sobering. 

That’s a very simplistic way of looking at tonight’s results. You say that Aberdeen losing to a team from Azerbaijan is embarrassing. Completely overlooking the fact that Qarabag were the seeded team and have won their league for the past 7 seasons and have qualified for the group stages of the Champions League, Europa League and now Conference League for the past 8 seasons. They are propped up by oil money and regularly spend 7 figures on players.  Their turnover and wage bill are several times that of Aberdeen.

If you find that embarrassing, I dread to think what you thought when our much loved Angeball came a cropper against the unseeded FC Midtjylland a few weeks ago. A team with 15% of our turnover. 

• Paid Members

Well yeah, but by the time Midtjylland  came around Ange was just in the door. Were that tie to take place now, I would have Celtic to go through pretty comfortably. Like Rodgers' first game for Celtic against the aforementioned Red Imps funnily enough (although on a much less grand scale obviously).

I don't intend to insult Qarabag but a team from Scotland should be beating a team from Azerbaijan especially at home. Qarabag, along with  most teams from that part of the world in European competition, are notoriously poor travellers too (they got beat by Linfield a couple of seasons ago) and even at home last week with that laughable pitch Aberdeen were unfortunate not to get anything. Aberdeen should probably have beaten the Horsemen tonight. 

• Paid Members

If debate is discounting almost 6 lines of text to the first 3 linking words then yes it is a pretty pointless thing, I suppose!

Give the complete shambles of a club Ange inherited, I don't think it's at all fair to label the defeat to Midtjylland a failure on his part after a week in the door. Since the Hearts game though? There's been a somewhat noticeable improvement. 25 goals in 7 games? Aye, I'll take that! 

On 8/26/2021 at 9:58 PM, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Not when they are ran and financed by a massive money laundering operation. This is a fascinating thread. 

• Paid Members

Yep. That's a very good description. I may stick it out for a couple more episodes. I'm not quite sure what the premise is. They don't seem to have gone with an opponent for MODOK in each show. It's more of a Curb Your Enthusiasm style of show. Where the viewer is watching the daily happenings in the world of MODOK.

Absolute chaos in Brazil, as the game against Argentina kicks off, and a few minutes in Health Officials come on the pitch and try and get it stopped as Lo Celso, Martinez, Buendia and Romero have broken covid quarantine rules. They all walk off, and Brazil remain on the pitch.

Now, they're saying Argentina have left the stadium, and Brazil are holding a training session on the pitch.

Peak Spurs that we finally sign a decent CB and he's going to be arrested. 

Conmebol remains undefeated.