• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I always quite enjoyed Terry Venables doing this sort of thing too.

Agree, I always enjoy Terry's contributions. Though there's is a bit in that video there at about the 9.20 where he loses his train of thought, ends his sentence abruptly and then pulls a thoughtful face, and it really made me laugh. 

• Paid Members

Well well well...Messi was expected to sign his new Barca contract today. Not gonna happen, and he's now leaving Barca. They're simple too broke, even with him taking a massive payout.

Imagine a world with Messi playing for another club, it's going to be surreal. 

• Paid Members

Only downer today is that the Bundesliga has moved to Sky, so it's Bayern, RBL and Dortmund on prime time every week and good fuckin' luck finding anyone else to watch.

Edited by seph
N - very necessary edit

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, seph said:

Only downer today is that the Bundesliga has moved to Sky, so it's Bayern, RBL and Dortmund on prime time every week

You say that like it's a bad thing. The Bundesliga is the best league in Europe.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You say that like it's a bad thing. The Bundesliga is the best league in Europe.

It's a bad thing because BT have more streams available online than Sky do, so fewer choices of which teams to watch, especially depending on how they do.

Edited by seph

• Paid Members

Bundesliga is a terrific league and one of the most fun to watch but I think his point is that we'll no longer be able to watch the smaller teams like Köln, Freiburg and Stuttgart. Loved the Bundesliga coverage on BT - all their football coverage actually. Still sad that they lost the rights to Scottish football because the BT treatment was quality.

Edit: Seph replied while I was typing. 

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Bundesliga is a terrific league and one of the most fun to watch but I think his point is that we'll no longer be able to watch the smaller teams like Köln, Freiburg and Stuttgart. Loved the Bundesliga coverage on BT - all their football coverage actually. Still sad that they lost the rights to Scottish football because the BT treatment was quality.

Edit: Seph replied while I was typing. 

Yup.  Won about 7 games total since the *2020* restart but still managed to stay in the top flight, a lot of poor footy reminiscient of you-know-who, but it's been fun.

Edited by seph

30 minutes ago, seph said:

It's a bad thing because BT have more streams available online than Sky do, so fewer choices of which teams to watch, especially depending on how they do.

Having a stream of every game was just a Covid thing though wasn't it? BT didn't show them all before that. It'll just go back to the same level of coverage as before, as all BT did was put their own commentary over the feed they got of the 3 or 4 broadcast games each week.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, The Curious Orange said:

Having a stream of every game was just a Covid thing though wasn't it? BT didn't show them all before that. It'll just go back to the same level of coverage as before, as all BT did was put their own commentary over the feed they got of the 3 or 4 broadcast games each week.

Which was still more effort than Sky conventionally put in. And it was closer to 6 games over Fri-Sun even after the restart, with the odd weeknight fixture as well.

Edited by seph

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, seph said:

I just stream them on bet365. Then you don't have to put up with Paul Dempsey.