PSG pretty much out of the running (come home Dad), La Liga being exciting again (Real will probably win it still) but most importantly, Juventus might finish outside the top 4. Ronaldo whinging about in the Europa League will be absolutely delicious. 

Meanwhile, lovely stuff here from Palestino.

And a reminder of just what an incredible finisher Romario was. For me, the greatest 'poacher' that I've seen, but that does him a disservice. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

PSG pretty much out of the running

You got my hopes up then, they're only 3pts behind with two games to go. 

Juve finishing outside the top 4 would be hilarious. Ronaldo having to play on a Thursday is brilliant. 

• Paid Members

What a job the coach has done at Lille. Jonathan David and Sven Botman were both very good signings and will no doubt go onto much greater things. Resurrecting Jose Fonte from the dead. Convincing the proven Yilmaz from leaving the comforts of his home country, which many Turkish players won't do.

Looks like the inevitable poaching has begun though, with Leicester agreeing to sign Soumare this summer. Leicester's midfield is something else, I'd say only Man City's is clearly better overall in this league- and that's because Pep collects midfielders as though they are Match Attax.

@SuperBaconhow do you feel about Poch losing out on the title (other than an overwhelming sense of familiarity)? Obviously it's great if PSG don't win, but will you feel sad if Poch doesn't win something or will you feel more like Cannibal Man's uncle, 'nobody can have it (trophies) now'?

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

@SuperBaconhow do you feel about Poch losing out on the title (other than an overwhelming sense of familiarity)? Obviously it's great if PSG don't win, but will you feel sad if Poch doesn't win something or will you feel more like Cannibal Man's uncle, 'nobody can have it (trophies) now'?

OOOOOOOWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHEEEERRRRRR LIKE A BIT OF FAILURE DO YA????

I would like him to win something for him (I don't subscribe to the fact that you HAVE to win trophies to be a success, but then I would say that), as he just has the Trophee des Champions, but PSG are an absolute mess to be honest.

People talk about Spurs being the 'Harry Kane team', but fuck me, PSG really are the Mbappe team. Take him out, and you just have Neymar. The rest really are not the elite of elite that they need to be are they? City made them look like right fucking chumps.

So I'd like to see him given time, and I believe he will. I don't fucking care what anyone says, he is an elite level manager...

...but as he loves to believe in the 'universal energy',it is becoming increasingly clear to me that he is destined never to win a major trophy, so he needs to come home where he belongs so we can continue that journey together.

• Paid Members
On 5/12/2021 at 10:53 AM, SuperBacon said:

Ajax have so many trophies, they've decided to melt one down and give it out. 

Maybe one day I'll get a bit of the Audi Cup.

Think yourself lucky that there's anything to melt down, as opposed to England fans, who'd just get a bit of misshapen Le Tournoir plastic.

29 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Think yourself lucky that there's anything to melt down, as opposed to England fans, who'd just get a bit of misshapen Le Tournoir plastic.

Forgot how shit it was. The sort of thing given out to an Under 11s Player Of The Season. 

spacer.png

12 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Bit short notice, but the Womens Champions League Final between Chelsea and Barcelona is live in a bit (8pm) on YouTube.

Well this was a battering. Barcelona were way too strong.

In other news, Slutsky is at it again.