47 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Then you don't understand the dark art of shithousery I'm afraid. 

As someone pointed out on Twitter, Lamela doing this to Jesus to stop City scoring their sixth goal in the cup final, will be better than winning the thing.

Surely shithousery has to have a point or purpose. They lost the game 2-1 instead of 3-1 and now that player is suspended. It’s not shithousing it’s stupid. It wasn’t like there was anytime left either. Hoffenheim took the free kick and then the referee blew for full time. It’s shithousing his own team if anything. They’re actually challenging for champions league so this could really cost them. 

2 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

Surely shithousery has to have a point or purpose. They lost the game 2-1 instead of 3-1 and now that player is suspended. It’s not shithousing it’s stupid. It wasn’t like there was anytime left either. Hoffenheim took the free kick and then the referee blew for full time. It’s shithousing his own team if anything. They’re actually challenging for champions league so this could really cost them. 

You're massively overthinking this and overlooking the most important aspect of it: it was really REALLY funny.

1 hour ago, stewdogg said:
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Surely shithousery has to have a point or purpose.

The point is to be a shithouse. He stopped a coward from scoring a tap in because he didn’t have the balls to hit it from a bit of distance towards an empty net. The scenario could’ve only been improved by injuring him as well. Plus they can successfully state that they couldn’t beat them with 11 men thus tarnishing their already hollow victory. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:
Edit: Forgot to include this. Maybe the days of Celtic and Rangers finishing 12th and 13th in the Premier League aren't that far off after all.

They already tried a merged Dutch/Belgian league in women's football a while back, and they split again after a few years. I can't see this one lasting either, if it goes ahead.

• Paid Members

Yeah...[FIFA's Chief of Global Football Development] Wenger throws a lot of ideas out there for football reform and they're either ingenious or terrible. That said, I've never cared for football over Christmas. Never get round to watching it on Boxing Day.

I'm not sure whether I like the idea of a major tournament every year. I mean I should, because I love them and it'll get rid of the shit competitions they have instead, but they might not feel as special if they're every two years.

I think the Belgian and Dutch league merger is really interesting. Seems like a good idea because you have some decent teams (Ajax, PSV, Feyernoord, Anderlecht, Liege, Brugge) but not enough to make either league strong. Given the amount of talent those two countries produce, it'll be great to see a combined league thrive. I wonder if any other countries will consider doing the same.