• 2 weeks later...

A couple of interesting transfers coming out of Sao Paulo and to the MLS. With everyone being cautious with transfers and opting for loans. Sao Paulo have sold their 21 year old wonderkid, Brenner to FC Cincinatti for £10m. Jaap Stam is their manager and they have the brilliantly named keeper, Beckham Sunderland. Sao Paulo have just appointed Hernan Crespo as manager and Rui Costa as assistant. They have also released Alex Pato and he's linked up with Nani at Orlando City.

• Paid Members

Brenner is a coup for an MLS club but I wouldn't call him a wonderkid. He had an excellent 2020 but it was a surprise because prior to that he wasn't particularly highly regarded.

It was more of a coup when Los Angeles got Diego Rossi a couple of years ago. Saw him a few times for Penarol and for Uruguayan age group teams and was sure he'd get a high profile European move. Really surprised he's still in the MLS.

Colo Colo could be relegated for the first time in their history tomorrow, as they face Universidad de Concepcion in their relegation play off, and you'd have to put money on them to go down. 

They've been rotten all season and look doomed. Be well worth a watch (most play offs are, especially the relegation ones). 9pm UK time.

The season after Alianza Lima too. Bad times for South Americas big boys. 

Edit: And I thought Arsenal fans were dramatic...

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members

Wonderful. I did something similar during a 7 a side game years ago. My teammates were furious, but it was the last couple of minutes and we were only a goal up- we then held on to win. Not all heroes wear capes.

8 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

I could understand if they were winning when he did this but they were losing 2-1. Seems a bit pointless to now be suspended for 3 games. 

Then you don't understand the dark art of shithousery I'm afraid. 

As someone pointed out on Twitter, Lamela doing this to Jesus to stop City scoring their sixth goal in the cup final, will be better than winning the thing.