• Moderators

Zidane has left Real. Wonder what  this means for Bale. He's been arguably the most efficient footballer in the PL since his move to Spurs. 11 starts, 11 goals, Bacon can help out with the assists.

He said what he does next will "cause chaos" (hoping for signing for Wrexham personally, no chance of that though). I was assuming he'd go to the States, as long as he stays fit for Wales that's fine by me, but people on a Welsh football forum I post on reckon a move to PSG could be an outside option. What's the spurs opinion on Bale since his return? Any desire to keep him? 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

What's the spurs opinion on Bale since his return? Any desire to keep him? 

100%. When he got some starts he proved that he can still be massively influential to winning games in the Premier League to the point where I forgot any goal contributions Bergwijn, Moura or Lamela* made all season.

* Obvious exception is obvious.

100% keep him. If he'd played when he was being frozen out, Spurs would've likely qualified for the Champions League.

Its probably because he's out of the Madrid trying pan but he's looked so happy this season. You can tell hes enjoyed it there.

I reckon he might retire, or turn golf pro. That would be fantastic to be honest.

• Paid Members

I can see him wanting to stay, if only to have a season with the fans. He's had years and years of not playing in front of a crowd that loves him (and in the case of this season no crowd at all) so I think he'd love hearing them get behind him every week again.

If they can get a fully fit and firing Bale on loan and actually play him for a full season then they’ve already replaced a good portion of Kane’s goals. Just need to hope Callum Wilson can chip in with the rest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

You'll naturally be at an advantage if you speak Spanish, but see if you can piece together what happened in this match from Bolivia last month. Been looking for footage for this for a while.

• Paid Members

I could make out from the caption bar that the entire match lasted less than ten minutes, after The Strongest put three past Royal Pari in that short space of time, but I couldn't quite make out why the match was stopped - think I heard something about "disciplina", but that was all. I would hazard a guess that Royal Pari players decided to stop playing in response to a player being disciplined by the ref?

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I could make out from the caption bar that the entire match lasted less than ten minutes, after The Strongest put three past Royal Pari in that short space of time, but I couldn't quite make out why the match was stopped - think I heard something about "disciplina", but that was all. I would hazard a guess that Royal Pari players decided to stop playing in response to a player being disciplined by the ref?

There's a clue at the start of the video when the respective teams take their pre-match photograph. Watch out for Royal Pari's (red).