How hes been sitting on the Spurs bench behind fucking Eric Dier I'll never know. Hopefully he plays until the end of the season. Really excited by him, he seems a fantastic mixture of 'old school' lay it all on the line and can actually play. 

Gaz with a fantastic assist as well. Good shit.

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

How hes been sitting on the Spurs bench behind fucking Eric Dier I'll never know. Hopefully he plays until the end of the season. Really excited by him, he seems a fantastic mixture of 'old school' lay it all on the line and can actually play. 

Gaz with a fantastic assist as well. Good shit.

I'm thinking 2016 might not have been a fluke. We've some marvellous young talent here, and am unfit and quite frankly bored of footbal Gareth Bale putting shifts in to bring them through is even sweeter. 

Living up to Wales. Golf. Madrid. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Look what I was watching earlier today.

And it's far more entertaining than you're already thinking it is before you open that.

Note how they're using a flyaway from the 99p shop.

6 games to go in the Bundesliga and it looks like Borussia Dortmund are going to miss out on Champions League football for the first time in 5 years. Eintracht Frankfurt are having a glorious season and they are 7 points clear in 4th. Frankfurt beat Dortmund last week and this week, pipped 3rd place Wolfsburg in a 7 goal thriller. Spearheaded by their Portuguese talisman, Andre Silva with 23 Bundesliga goals (Erling Haaland has 21) and scoring vital winning goals too. Manager, Adi Hutter (full name, Adolf Hutter) has done a marvellous job so far this season.

44 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I know we've mentioned this on here before but bring this back.

Love that, so 90's. Teams would never let players do something like that now, particularly where players are contracted.

Wonder who would win if they had something similar now? For me Kyle Walker would be a good shout. As I no longer watch, or study as much football as I used to I don't really know many fast players outside of the Premier League. 

Bale back in the day was absolutely rapid, not sure he's even the fastest at his own club now. I'd say Bergwijn is probably the quickest and even Walker chases him down fairly easily.

Salah looks speedy when he gets going, as does Rashford. Wonder if you have someone like a Docoure that might be fairly slow over a short distance but over a longer distance when he can open his legs and get his momentum going could be pretty quick (similar to Williams above)

• 2 weeks later...

What a really lovely moment.

How anyone can function, let alone play sport, on zero food and water is beyond me so fair play to these lads.

Also, this documentary on Derry City and their journey in the 1980s is a wonderful watch, and brilliant even if you have no interest in football.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000vcdr/different-league-the-derry-city-story

• 2 weeks later...