Beast from the East

SpursRiot2012

Still only a dusting of snow here in West Brom but it' freezing cold and at home one of our pipes has started to leak so we can't put the heating on. I have never been so grateful for hot water bottles. For once I actually don't mind being at work as it's warm here.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
6 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Still only a dusting of snow here in West Brom but it' freezing cold and at home one of our pipes has started to leak so we can't put the heating on.

The neighbour put a note through the door last night that the boiler was leaking out of the overflow and all over his garden. Nobody can come out to fix it until Sunday at the earliest, so no heating or hot water until then at least. I'm tempted to do like that monk on the RATM album cover.

5 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

The neighbour put a note through the door last night that the boiler was leaking out of the overflow and all over his garden. Nobody can come out to fix it until Sunday at the earliest, so no heating or hot water until then at least. I'm tempted to do like that monk on the RATM album cover.

That sucks mate, we at least have hot water, it's just the heating. 

We should invent some kind of hot water bottle lined coat...

• Paid Members

It's been snowing very heavily here in Northern Ireland, in my area anyway at least, Co. Tyrone. Luckily enough I was off today so I didn't have to venture out on the roads until I'm due back in tomorrow, however my fiancé had to go in this morning and she said the roads on her commute were a complete disaster. I'm off today with my stepdaughter, whose school decided to close at the last second, and then tomorrow my partner will be off with her. 

I'm not looking forward to leaving the house super early tomorrow in order to get to the hospital safely and on time, but needs must. I'm half expecting I'll have to stay on tomorrow for a double shift due to whoever can make it in will probably have to cover for those that don't, and stay until we can get relief. 

On the bright side, I was out with the dog earlier and we both had a great time playing about in the snow, and he had brilliant fun trying to chase the birds wearing their white disguises. He may have thought they were laughing at him. I know I certainly was! 

• Awards Moderator

Other half can no longer get to or from work so we were both off today. We are both doing work from home but took a break to build a snowman. I call him Braun Snowman; she does not understand the reference.

We’re supposed to be running staff training at work tomorrow. I don’t anticipate any staff managing to get there but I’m going to try for some reason...

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, BigJag said:

In reference to gritting. That happens during the night. Then largely only on main traffic routes. We could do with more gritting of teeth and bearing through it. 

Much like we do with your posts.

Clearing snow is a pain in the arse, took about an hour to clear the path and drive today to get the car out. Chopped a bit more wood from a tree we cut down last summer too, as shops were out of logs and fire stack was looking low, also a pain in the arse. Don't think I could be putting up with this weather for more than a few days, miserable. 

• Paid Members

It say it’s now about 10-15” up here, based on the mound on top of the wall.

The mini snowman on top of the bench hasn’t faired well though, it looks more like an XL butt plug used by professionals now.

047CF56F-EE58-471F-BE87-BE7D0581E6B6.jpeg

Depends who you talk to here as to how bad it is. One of my wife's colleagues reckons we've had 19 feet of snow and its down -65C because "that's what Facebook says", whereas in reality we've had little snowfall, probably 3inches over two days but there is a hell of a wind giving a feel of around -10C

Archived