Beast from the East

SpursRiot2012

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My mum told me there's going to be blizzard like conditions in London tomorrow.

Which means it'll be a balmy 22c with clear, blue skies as my mum has the weather forecasting track record of the Daily Express.

• Paid Members

Have had to leave our car outside a country manor as the hill road to our village is a write off, and I nearly lost all control of the car trying to get up it. Walked the 2 miles back and saw 4 crashed cars, so fully expecting someone to have smashed into ours in the morning when I walk back.

Still, work have declared a snow day for tomorrow, so I'm having some whiskeys to warm up. Love the snow, even though its a massive, inconvenient twat.

I'd expect a few fixtures to get postponed. I know that Premier League grounds have under soil heating and all that jazz, but it's how the paths are around the grounds that could be an issue for public safety. We were supposed to be at the Rugby tonight, but it's got postponed for that reason and player welfare as the temperature is currently showing -6C and that's not factoring in windchill

I had to abandon the work van a few miles  from home, because I couldn't get up the  hill. I wasn't the only one who though fuck it and got and walked either. I'm definitely not going  to work tomorrow and I don't know if I will  be able move the van. By the time I got home I had icicles coming off my beard. I am planning to hibernate over the weekend.

Also the waste pipe from my bathroom has frozen up, so the sink and shower are full of water and it isn't moving. You can see icicles all down the outside where water in the pipe has expanded as it froze. Thankfully the bog is fine since that is an internal pipe and not a down pipe that runs down the outside wall.

I got a message last night saying school was closed so I have the day off 😁

To be honest the snow doesn't look that bad but I'm guessing it because of the ice,  it's incredibly cold too so I guess nothing is melting

• Paid Members

My son's nursery announced that they don't have enough staff today, so I'm at home with him.

Yesterday was a bit up and down. Once I got on to the main road it was tolerable. A bit slippy in places, but the route from my house to work is almost entirely downhill, so it was just 15 minutes of gentle rolling.

The way back though was not so good. I have to park at the back of my house on an unadopted road that's also quite steep. It looked fairly clear from the main road so thought I'd chance it. Managed about 10 meters and then hit the area that wasn't so clear and started just started wheelspinning. I figured rather than push it, I'd pull over to the side where I was and walk the last bit. Unfortunately, any attempts at steering or going where I wanted to resembled this.

CbRjQ6a.gif

I managed to roll back and get my back wheels up on the kerb, but then the front spun out and got stuck so I was pointing out into the road at 45 degrees. Lots of wiggling and sliding later and there's now enough space for cars to pass it easily, but it's right at the bottom of the road now.

Today's windy as hell but the sky doesn't look as menacing, even though more snow is forecast.

Archived