Beast from the East

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

How is everybody faring with this cold as shit weather? It's now snowing in Tottenham, which makes Tottenham look a lot more magical than it really is. 

I had to go out earlier and, despite two jumpers, a coat, scarf and gloves was still freezing my balls off. I've never felt more sorry for those living on the street than I did today. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It's got into my bones. I'm wearing long johns under my jeans, thermal socks, a thermal t-shirt, another t-shirt, a hoody and a jacket in a heated office and I'm still freezing my bollocks off. Fuck this weather.

People who prefer this to summer are fucking mental.

• Paid Members

Most trains were cancelled today, others significantly delayed, yet no snow whatsoever. I think the rail networks were being unnecessarily over-cautious on this occasion. It snowed quite a bit in the city during the day yesterday (although didn't really settle), yet I played football in Hertfordshire last night and there wasn't a snowflake in sight.

It's bloody cold though, and to make matters worse our boiler at home stopped working yesterday, so hopefully that's getting sorted today.

I hope all the hot weather-shunners are happy with this weather! *cough*@Gus Mears*cough*

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

How is everybody faring with this cold as shit weather? It's now snowing in Tottenham, which makes Tottenham look a lot more magical than it really is. 

Just picking up litter makes Tottenham look more magical than it really is.

I'd like this weather to just bloody commit. We're getting flurries of snow for a few minutes, a thin layer, and then the sun comes out and melts half of it, rinse and repeat. Either have a proper snow day, or just piss off.

• Moderators

Why isn't this just in the normal weather thread?

Anyway. Up on the 24th floor of my building in canary wharf and it was really cool watching the snow clouds roll in from a distance and this wall of white just envelop the whole building. Lasted about 5 minutes and now it's glorious sunshine again. Disappointing in a way, but glad I'll be able to get home.

• Paid Members

Hey, @Mr_Danger do you reckon you deliver a lot of drugs? What with the increased awareness of using the dark net to buy drugs, I've often wondered if posties are actually quite aware that they're delivering them and just don't give a fuck or, if you knew (or suspected) there were drugs in a letter or parcel, you flag it up?

Archived