Beast from the East

SpursRiot2012

Funnily enough one of our posties reported a parcel of skunk to the manager last week. He then rings the police and let's them deal with it. It's not uncommon but no doubt a lot of us turn a blind eye and obviously any thing that doesn't have a strong scent won't get picked up by us. 

I once got a parcel jammed in a shop letter box and when I yanked it out a tube of tropical lube fell out. Not that shocking but the girl it was addressed to had it sent to her dad's shop.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps what your street's getting is a less intimidating, more irritating weather front that's snuck in through a different door: the Pest from the West.

Hope the snow pisses off sooner rather than later now. Driving the kids at work mental, haven't been allowed out for play since the beginning of the week and it's sending them all mad!

I fucked up.

Went out into the sticks to take some pretty photographs and was on my way home when I needed a piss.  Saw a campsite and a sign for toilets so went.  The fucker was on a slope and I couldn't get out, then the snow came.  RAC came out 3 hours later and couldn't do anything, so they dropped me at a hotel.  Discovered it was cheaper to get a cab home than pay for a room so I'm at home, my car is stuck in a car park for a closed campsite 30 miles away and I can't get out there to retrieve it until it thaws out.

Got decent amount of snow in Dublin, up to my shins this morning when I went to work. Supposed to be more this evening so myself and the few people who turned up to work were sent home at 1pm, and we're now closed until Monday unless weather drastically deviates from the forecasts. Boss man tried to guilt someone into volunteering to stay in the budget hotel next to our building in case of any emergencies but nobody was biting unless OT was given, which it surely wasn't!

Think I'll re-watch The Sopranos over next few days!

• Paid Members

Blizzards, proper fast as fuck blizzards with thunder and lightning up here randomly throughout the day. This was taken during a calm spell earlier, loads of traffic accidents in my surrounding area. Work shut down half day and closed tomorrow based on weather reports.

3EF72007-4D43-4331-9830-28F4FB3C3536.jpeg

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I fucked up.

Went out into the sticks to take some pretty photographs and was on my way home when I needed a piss.  Saw a campsite and a sign for toilets so went.  The fucker was on a slope and I couldn't get out, then the snow came.  RAC came out 3 hours later and couldn't do anything, so they dropped me at a hotel.  Discovered it was cheaper to get a cab home than pay for a room so I'm at home, my car is stuck in a car park for a closed campsite 30 miles away and I can't get out there to retrieve it until it thaws out.

I like this story because it's only at the end that you clarify that you were actually driving. For a moment I thought you got snowed into a portaloo and had to get some lads in to dig you out.

• Awards Moderator

I couldn't get the car out to get to work today - other half gets the train, got sent home early and has spent the entire afternoon trying to get back. Four hours and counting for what should have taken a quarter of that. I'm hoping to see her by June or July but I'm not very hopeful. She'll want to try and get into work tomorrow as well, I'm hoping this afternoon's hell will help me convince her not to bother.

Archived