General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I Don't Want To Know about his past - he's got a lot to live up to, given the success of previous managers. I hope he doesn't break The Chain.

• Paid Members

I wonder if the Arsenal board have decided to act decisively to get someone, given that there are a few decent shouts knocking about currently.

This is scary stuff, I was ten when Wenger turned up. He has been a fixture at Arsenal for over two-thirds of my life. Obviously the right call, and hopefully he gets the send off he deserves now, as opposed to getting sacked or going off under a cloud. Should really have gone after the FA cup win last year. 

Still, brave new world. 

• Paid Members

Wow.

I mean, this is good news. It HAD to happen and it was overdue. How overdue this decision was, is extremely debatable.

BUT...as much needed as this was, it feels weird- sad. It's like my dad has left home. I was 13 when he rocked up as a relative unknown (to the ignorant world of English football, that is) and he's been that constant, warm figure. Fucking love that man, he's a legend. A proper legend, not a legend in the sense that anyone is a legend these days if you do something laddish. Giroud and Wenger leaving within months of each other, not sure I can handle all this emotion.

I think the timing might be perfect (as oppose to at the end of the season etc). Let's hope the boys give him something real positive to go out with, by winning a trophy he's never won. He bloody deserves it.

Archived