General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

BBC's commentators are horrendous.

On top of this, I know it was horrible his career was cut short through a nasty injury, but Ryan Mason is stealing money whilst pretending to be a pundit. Christ, he's duller than Micheal Owen.

A blatant pity hiring that is stinking up football shows both on TV and Radio.

Oh and...

Champions Aye We!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

On top of this, I know it was horrible his career was cut short through a nasty injury, but Ryan Mason is stealing money whilst pretending to be a pundit. Christ, he's duller than Micheal Owen.

A blatant pity hiring that is stinking up football shows both on TV and Radio.

Oh and...

Champions Aye We!

Really? I only saw his one appearance on Sky Sport's The Debate but thought he came across well.

33 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Dele Alli would do The Floss as his goal celebration wouldn't he, the fucking prat.

I think once someone’s leaked a video of you getting your limp plonker sucked in a room full of your mates you can pretty much get away with anything..

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Dele Alli would do The Floss as his goal celebration wouldn't he, the fucking prat.

I'll caveat this by saying I watched this game with three 8 year olds who all went mental when he did that, and it reminded me what it was like to be young again, and not a miserable AGAINST MODERN FOOTBALL grandad. 

As for the game, we were limp. United were dogged. I'm used to it. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

Sunderland are fucked, aren't they? 

Over ÂŁ100m in debt, players that are going to be earning Premier League wages in L1(due to not putting relegation clauses in contracts) and tiny crowds(by their standards) rattling around a big stadium showing off their sun bleached seats. It's beggars belief how badly run they have been off the field when you consider how much money they have been raking in from TV money, and now parachute payments...

They are proper fucked. Consider the fact that next season they will be playing Accrington Stanley who have an average attendance this season of 1853. If the total home attendance for Accrington this season were in the Stadium of Shite at Sunderland there would still be 9000 empty seats. That is how fucked they are. 

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

BBC's commentators are horrendous.

Their whole coverage is dogshit. They went off the air within minutes of the full time whistle at Wembley yesterday. Quick interview with Herrera and that was it. I thought that was appalling from them.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Their whole coverage is dogshit. They went off the air within minutes of the full time whistle at Wembley yesterday. Quick interview with Herrera and that was it. I thought that was appalling from them.

That was down to the coverage of the Queens birthday celebrations taking priority of the scheduling.

• Paid Members

Amid the dull finishes to the ends of the English, German, French and Spanish leagues, Napoli have blown the Serie A title race wide open. Koubilay scored a 90th minute winner for them away against Juve tonight. Juve still have to play Inter away and Milan at home, they are in real danger of ballsing this up too.

Napoli haven't lost an away game since October 2016! That's an unbelievable stat. Really hope they win it, they are good to watch and have never won the league without Maradona as their talisman.

Napoli have been a joy to watch this season and thought they were better last night as well.

They won in the dying seconds a week or so ago, came back last week when 2-1 down in the last half hour and a last minute belting header against Juventus last night (Juve didn't have a shot on target and seemingly played for a draw).

Napoli have the momentum to win it now, they have got me back into Serie A football this season.

• Paid Members
On 20/04/2018 at 3:43 PM, Frankie Crisp said:

Spot on. The title was there for the taking in 2014 and all he had to do was set the team up for a draw against Chelsea. Instead, he stuck to what he knew - go for the throat. Mourinho knew how to approach that match and pulled Liverpool's undies down. While that Liverpool team was a joy to watch as a neutral in other matches, when the title's in reach you need a plan B, and one the right team/formation can deliver. I don't think anyone knows if he's learned from that, as he's not exactly going to be in the same situation north of the border.

A lot of Celtic will point to their European performance as proof that it's still a no. Up here, it's the one constant criticisms I regularly hear from Celtic fans. Great in the league, but he needs to know his role when in there with better European teams. Celtic are of course playing in maybe the worst Scottish top flight league ever, so win most of the time because they are nearly average, but while they don't have the funding anymore, Brendan doesn't help much as their defence usually is exposed.

Anyway, I hope Wenger gets the send off he deserves from English football. Not many managers you can say legit helped change the game for the better.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, ColinBollocks said:

Anyway, I hope Wenger gets the send off he deserves from English football. Not many managers you can say legit helped change the game for the better.

Absolutely. We may well have a Premier League next season with Colin Wanker managing Cardiff and no Arsene Wenger. If that's not a massive step backwards in terms of management quality, then I don't know what is.

Archived