General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who's favourite to take over? I've heard Brendan Rodgers name mentioned a couple of times, and we all know he can dust off the old red & white tie collection if required.

He's done all he really can with Celtic, so he'd no doubt view it as a real challenge.

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

Ancelotti, if he is ready for something bigger than the Scotland job.

After much deliberation the SFA carefully considered Ancelotti for the Scotland job, before instead opting for Alex "Big Eck" McLeish.

What a time to be alive (and Scottish)

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, David said:

Who's favourite to take over? I've heard Brendan Rodgers name mentioned a couple of times, and we all know he can dust off the old red & white tie collection if required.

He's done all he really can with Celtic, so he'd no doubt view it as a real challenge.

The bookies have instantly made Tuchel their favourite, however there's been far too much noise about him joining PSG for me to think he will end up at Arsenal.

There are so many potential candidates, it's insane. Emery, Jardim (although he's just another Wenger, right Briefcase??), Rodgers, Luis Enrique, Vieira, Arteta, Howe, Ancelotti, Loew, Favre...even Rafa's name has been thrown around.

We need one of the greatest minds in football.

We need Sol Campbell.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Let Don Carlo weather the post Wenger storm then throw another project builder like Tuchel in there.

I think this is the best scenario. If you throw a younger manager in there now, when the ship needs steadying first, they could buckle and it may damage their career. Carlo can hopefully calm things down enough.

Edit: Everyone wants to hear Paul Merson's articulate thoughts, right? Well, here you go:

Former Arsenal midfielder Paul Merson, speaking to Sky Sports: "He knew every player in the world. He could see a player, he knew every player in the world. He has been caught up by the internet and that is the problem Arsene has."

He's been caught up by the internet. The fucking internet.

• Paid Members

I genuinely never thought I'd say this, but is it wrong that I'm quite up for Rodgers? He likes to play attacking football, has experience in the Prem, and seems to be up for coming (which is fairly crucial at this stage). I'd take him over Vieira or Howe. 

• Paid Members

Do you see Rodgers sorting out the issues Arsenal have had for most of the past decade? I think he's a good manager, even if he is a walking cliche, but he's had a lot of the same flaws. Arsenal need someone who knows how to set a team up to be well balanced, to win bac the ball as well as keep it and to be hard to break down without the ball. That was his undoing at Liverpool.

Archived