General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

There's this weird new narrative that "Fergie had fallings out with players, yet Mourinho gets criticised for it" from some people defending Mourinho burying the United lads. Is this the same Alex Ferguson I'm thinking of? The bloke who would never criticise a player publicly. And United had some big incidents during his time, with Cantona booting that fan or the million things Keane did. He'd never hang a player out to dry. People are mad for comparing the two.

Mourinho's treatment of Shaw has been absolutely repulsive. You imagine Mourinho spends his time at training shouting at Shaw to "shave your side burns" every week.

Mourinho's always seemed to have an issue with Shaw, going back to his Chelsea days. It's just getting really uncomfortable because there is definitely an element of bullying involved.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Isn't that normally posted with a double entendre?

Yes, and could have been used as a reply to riots post also. 

I wasn't calling anyone gay, or rediculing homosexuality. I think you (and others, it seems) have taken it the wrong way (Kenneth Williams pic). 

Riots post read like a homosexual double entendre. I replied in a way I thought would be humorous. I guess not. Apologies if I've caused offence. 

1 hour ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

I'm not positive on this but I think Mourinho sicked Materazzi on Balotelli when he was at Inter.

Ive always thought of Jose as a mother bird looking after her chicks, but I didn't realise he actually ate Marco Materazzi and regurgitated him to feed another player. Although it doesn't surprise me. 

• Paid Members

I was reading an interview with Jason Dodd yesterday about Luke Shaw and his opinion is that Shaw is someone who will coast through matches and training if you leave him to his own devices. He always needs a shove and motivating and if that's the case then United should never have bought him in the first place. Getting to play for a club that size shouldn't require any additional motivation.

That said, Mourinho's treatment of him is ridiculous, to the point where I hope Shaw takes this matter to the authorities. This isn't an isolated incident, this is several times this has happened now and it isn't achieving anything. Shaw isn't playing any better as a result of Mourinho's attacks, some of the players have been uncomfortable with it as well, and a club of United's size shouldn't be seen to be allowing bullying, which is what this is.

• Paid Members

The funny thing is, Shaw had a run of 4 or 5 games where he was excellent at the start of the year. He looked to be fit and firing. Then he's dropped. So what does he want from him? I'm pretty much sick of Mourinho. I dont give a fuck about wins or loses and all that shite. Shit happens. It's just the blame he keeps shifting and trying to downgrade the club to mask how shit his style of football is.

Mourinho is a bloke who didn't fancy Salah. Didn't fancy De Bruyne. Didn't fancy Lukaku when the alternative was to play no strikers at against Moyes' United instead. Got rid of Bonucci for fucks sake. Wanted to sell Sergio Ramos. For as good a record he has, those are some big fucking players he got rid of. Thing is, you know Shaw is going to go to Spurs or Everton or somewhere, and he'll develop into the best left back in the country and in about 3 years the new United boss will be offering about £60 million for him.

• Paid Members

It's a surprise that Mourinho's job security isn't being discussed more. I mean, obviously, he could still win the FA Cup and there were the two trophies last season. But considering the investment, it's the league and Champions League you're judged on and on those fronts he has failed.

Factoring in the fact that he's not getting enough out of huge money investments, the Shaw stuff, the quality of the football, and the fact that he has absolutely failed to show any evolution in his coaching, I'm not sure how he's escaping the tittle-tattle.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

The funny thing is, Shaw had a run of 4 or 5 games where he was excellent at the start of the year. He looked to be fit and firing. Then he's dropped. So what does he want from him? I'm pretty much sick of Mourinho. I dont give a fuck about wins or loses and all that shite. Shit happens. It's just the blame he keeps shifting and trying to downgrade the club to mask how shit his style of football is.

Mourinho is a bloke who didn't fancy Salah. Didn't fancy De Bruyne. Didn't fancy Lukaku when the alternative was to play no strikers at against Moyes' United instead. Got rid of Bonucci for fucks sake. Wanted to sell Sergio Ramos. For as good a record he has, those are some big fucking players he got rid of. Thing is, you know Shaw is going to go to Spurs or Everton or somewhere, and he'll develop into the best left back in the country and in about 3 years the new United boss will be offering about £60 million for him.

Top post.

I used to like Mourinho. It was all a game and he played it as well as anyone bar Ferguson. But the Mourinho of the last three or four years has got sourer as things are passing him by. It's not a game anymore. It's a guy who looks close to breaking point, professionally, blaming everything but himself. It's sad really.

Style of football is always subjective. Mourinho's teams played winning football. Style didn't come into it. He's been unable to reproduce that since the Chelsea title win although he did salvage last season. Now he's even moaning when he wins.

I'm not sure it's an easy change for Man Utd to make though. There's clearly no-one in this country ready for that job. It's too big for most. It means going for someone untested in England and there's no-one like Guardiola who looks like he could do any job on the planet. Then you've got someone like Simeone who has the personality for it but plays in a way I can't see going down any better than Mourinho. Who does that leave? Allegri? Ancelotti? Adkins?

Please take Adkins.

• Paid Members

David Wagner. For nothing other than he's a mentalist.

But yeah - in seriousness, rick and Ian have pretty much hit the various nails on the head. United are almost hamstrung by being too big, it seems. 

• Paid Members

Of course, Mourinho only signed a massive new contract, so the pay out will be decent (unless they've got some crafty clause in there).

I think a month or two ago I was defending him, but seeing how the season has panned out and, particularly, how his coaching has zapped Pogba, Sanchez, Shaw etc of all their undeniable qualities in such a short time, it's hard to argue for him to stay on. If he does, what then? Is the club going to throw money at more of the world's best players and discarding the ones he just purchased the season or two before, in the hope they can adapt to Mourinho's system, which may or may not be out dated going forward. He's right to be unhappy with how the season has went, but to blame it all on his players (which is his current move) is preposterous.

Thing is, there are plenty of good and experienced candidates out there who will probably jump at the chance to sort out the club. Imagine jumping into a team with the likes of Pogba, Sanchez, Mata, Martial, Lukaku, De Gea, Rashford etc.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

Real Madrid have done fine employing managers on a fluctuating basis (Vanderlei Luxemburgo) and maintaining their success.

Disagree. They're the biggest club in the world and along with Barca have a monumental advantage over the rest of La Liga when it comes to a level playing field. Even if they have a shit manager in place, they have a good chance of success. Therefore, I wouldn't say that Read have 'done fine', all things considering. Not until Zidane took over at least, anyway.

Jose underachieved there considering they started to spend silly money again under Perez's second reign as president, winning one La Liga title in three attempts. They chopped and changed with various short-term managers over the past 15 years until they had somebody that could win trophies. Queiroz, Juande Ramos, Pellegrini, Rafa, Luxemburgo and a few others came and went. Carlo did well in his first season and the fucked him off when they didn't win anything in his second season. Shuster did well but he walked.

Real Madrid should have won far more trophies than they have over the past 15 years. 4 La Liga titles during that timeframe is pretty poor.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Sphinx said:

I wonder how Pochettino would do at Man U. He's not won anything, it's a massive job, and he's used to teams with a much lesser budget but he's clearly a great young manager who has worked wonders with young talent.

I think Pochettino would do very well at United *given enough time.* At Spurs, it took a season or two before he'd cleared out all the Sherwood deadwood and started to really instill his philosophy in the club. If you indicate that you might not want to play for the club, for any reason, even a little bit, he's happy enough to freeze you out and put somewhere else in your place  (Walker, Rose, possibly Alderweireld.) If you don't buy into what he's trying to do, you'll find yourself out the door or on the bench. But if you buy into it, he's a top man manager and tactically astute, and still learning. 

But much for the same reason I don't think he should go to Madrid, United would have to be willing to give him the time to instill all of that into the club. I don't know that they would. Having said that, United is stuffed full of actual world class players. It's entirely possible that Poch's personality and man management style alone would pull better performances out of that group of player than Mourinho's bullshit.

Archived