General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Have Jimbo and Gazza worked together since those days? 

No. Apparently Gazza and James were supposed to be the permanent hosts, but Gazza stopped showing up for work. Never knew that Richardson didnt even follow any other football. He learned it all on the job. He appeared on Fantasy Football and seemed a bit of a wet blanket, but according to him, that's because he didnt know what the fuck they were talking about when they mentioned Gary Ablett or Neil Shipperley.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
38 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

At one point, @SpursRiot2012had a job putting subtitles on TV. I wouldn't trust whatever appears on my screen if I were you.

Yeah, pretty much would just guess a lot of the time - if it sounds like Go Lazio, I'd just write Goooolazio. Fuck it, who's going to complain? Deaf people? 

Actually, deaf people used to complain a lot about stuff we got wrong.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Teedy Kay said:

The words come up on the screen and everything though.

53 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

At one point, @SpursRiot2012had a job putting subtitles on TV. I wouldn't trust whatever appears on my screen if I were you.

Spiced up an Antiques Road Trip though didn't he. 

DTMg7wQX4AUe1Ek.jpg

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

No. Apparently Gazza and James were supposed to be the permanent hosts, but Gazza stopped showing up for work. Never knew that Richardson didnt even follow any other football. He learned it all on the job. He appeared on Fantasy Football and seemed a bit of a wet blanket, but according to him, that's because he didnt know what the fuck they were talking about when they mentioned Gary Ablett or Neil Shipperley.

Fantastic. I love James Richardson. His headline on the Guardian podcast after Burnley beat United still flies around my head sometimes. "Business as usual at Old Trafford as bottle of Claret leaves Fergie red-faced". 

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43566749

If you voted for Brexit, this is your fault.

I’ve got the Panini Sticker album app on my phone it’s free and covers every euros and World Cup when it comes around, you get 2 free packs a day and the internet is full of promo codes for free packs too, plus you can do swaps with other users. 

• Paid Members

It's a nice idea, but doesn't come close to the real thing.

Might have to have a go of the Panini this year. My son is really starting to get into it, went to his first training session for one of the local clubs last week. Hopefully he'll be really into the World Cup.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

It's a nice idea, but doesn't come close to the real thing.

Might have to have a go of the Panini this year. My son is really starting to get into it, went to his first training session for one of the local clubs last week. Hopefully he'll be really into the World Cup.

Yeah, no way. There just isn't the same feeling as ripping open a pack of stickers and seeing what you've got, sticking them in the album etc. A Panini app would go unused on my phone.

Mick McCarthy announces he's leaving Ipswich Town at the end of the season. Got to imagine there's a few clubs who'll fancy a bit of ol' Mick?

He's one of the last great grumpy bastard managers, isn't he? Proper tracksuit and football boots guy, using phrases like "proper bloke" and "ran his socks off" in 2018, fantastic.

• Paid Members

What joy I got from those stickers. My favourite is when you'd get to the point where you desperately needed someone to complete a squad, and the feeling you'd get seeing Nigel Spink smiling back at you when you as you opened a packet.

I remember I had 2 hand fulls of swaps and I did a deal where I handed over the lot for Andy Hinchcliffe, to complete the Everton team. The rest of the class thought I was genuinely mentally ill when they saw that exchange take place. I guarantee he wouldnt have gotten as much joy out of those stickers that I got out of Chinny Hinchcliffe.

I reckon deals like that inflated the market in our school, though. Me willing to give away so many swaps just for an Everton wingback made swapping hard negotiation.

Archived