General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Funny when two ex-Chelsea lads, De Bruyne and Salah, are tearing up everyone in Europe, Mourinho's having a meltdown in the post match about how everyone needs to follow Matic's example as a player.

I haven't watched it, but I hear he went on for 12 minutes during the presser after the Sevilla game when responding to one question, and took notes & stats with him!

He's wandering into late 2015 territory at the moment, where he lost the plot more and more at each press conference before Roman sacked him.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the press conference last night. It's about 9 minutes, and half of that are interperators repeating his comments in different languages. So not quite as bad as people are making out. 

It was all typical Mourihno deflection comments though. Utter nonsense for the most part. 

I can't see how the neutrals find him entertaining anymore. He's just a miserable, egotistical wank stain. 

• Paid Members

Besiktas have been charged for letting a stray cat enter the pitch against Bayern, "insufficient safety organisation". Clearly the Camp Nou stewards must have been sufficiently organised while beating the shit out of Chelsea fans with batons on Wednesday as surprise, surprise, no charges against will be brought against Barca. The bridge Chelsea fans had to cross to get in was the epitome of safety and careful planning as well, isn't it?

Never change, UEFA.

Barcelona get a free ride.

I forgot to mention during the Chelsea/Barca game during the week.

Giroud got booked for questioning the referee over the penalty decision, shortly after Messi gets in the referees face wagging his finger and nothing. 

• Paid Members

There's this weird new narrative that "Fergie had fallings out with players, yet Mourinho gets criticised for it" from some people defending Mourinho burying the United lads. Is this the same Alex Ferguson I'm thinking of? The bloke who would never criticise a player publicly. And United had some big incidents during his time, with Cantona booting that fan or the million things Keane did. He'd never hang a player out to dry. People are mad for comparing the two.

• Paid Members

The strange thing about this is that it doesn't fit Jose's usual management style. He's always been good at finding a way to detract the press from problems with his players and deflect the issues onto someone/something else, usually the referee or the FA.

The moment he starts saying shit like 'the players aren't following my instructions', in the past it's been curtains. It happened during his second spell at Chelsea and similarly at Real, where he supposedly clashed with Casillas and Ramos (dropping the former).

The way he's been managing Shaw is bizarre. I think he's got it all wrong with how he's been handling him.

You get the feeling this is going to come down to Jose VS the likes of Pogba and Alexis, and I can't see the owners backing a manager with an ever decreasing popularity with the fans over their two biggest assets.

Archived