General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Nah, Salvage Hunters is a cockend from Conwy who rips people off by going to places and buying their stuff going "Yeah, that's shit that, I can't sell that, I'll give you a fiver" then goes to his wife and goes "Look at this, this is fucking ace, we can sell this in our shop for a thousand pounds. Easy".

Like I said, grabbing bastard. Thought it was hilarious when he got twatted recently.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

What's the one where they buy old storage units?  One bloke has a "Yupppp" catchphrase and some really annoying woman tries her damnedest to get her "Yeehaw" over and it's annoying as fuck.  

That's Storage Wars Keith. The guy with the Yuuuupppp catchphrase is Dave and he's annoying as fuck, but that is kind of balanced out by Brandi's enormo norks. 

• Paid Members

Things have worked out well at WBA haven't they? Pardew's now had 13 games, 1 more than Pulis and has somehow managed a worse record.

Pulis - Played 12 Won 2 Drawn 4 Lost 6 PPG 0.83

Pardew - Played 13 Won 1 Drawn 5 Lost 7 PPG 0.61

Still, if the football is better quality?

It's obvious what the answer was:

Megson - Played 2 Won 0 Drawn 2 Lost 0 PPG 1.0

• Paid Members

I think the Tescos were right to sack off Pulis, however replacing him with Pardew was ridiculous. Not as ridiculous as replacing Hughes with Lambert, but almost.

It makes me chuckle. Although I'd like Albion to stay up and Villa come up with Wolves.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

I don't want a double relegation to be happening to anyone, its not good for the future of any club, especially financially

The double relegation we suffered in the end was one of the best things at the time to allow us to completely shake off the deadwood and start again.

Financially teams will still get their parachute payments and it can allow that clean sweep and new beginnings. It also can allow teams to go to their youth squads and actually play some of the lads.

Hopefully West Brom get relegated. Sacking Pulis was a recipe for disaster. Fine if you don't like him but he would have kept West Brom up and then you can do what you like with him in the summer.

They have signed some decent players this season as well (I said this before the season started in this thread) but unfortunately they were not really Pulis players and West Brom were stuck between a rock and a hard place in the sense of whether to play the safe Pulis way or the 'entertaining football way'.

That being said I still have a feeling they will stay up this season, they have a good experienced squad with a manager who love or hate him will probably get the best out of them eventually. 

• Paid Members

I'd be delighted for all the West Midlands clubs to be in the Championship next year, because all of them are a recipe for boring football, tedious local derbies and a relegation fight nobody cares about.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'd be delighted for all the West Midlands clubs to be in the Championship next year, because all of them are a recipe for boring football, tedious local derbies and a relegation fight nobody cares about.

This is pretty much spot on. You'd have to go all the way back (imo) to Big Ron's Villa to find a West Midlands club with any sense of style.

Of course, Wolves this season have been so far from boring I pinch myself most days. Can't wait to see how we get on in Prem next year.

• Paid Members

Villa under O'Neill were a pretty entertaining team. Every other midlands team have been the definition of making up the numbers since.

West Brom have been stinking up the place for a while, I'll be glad to see the back of them.

33 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Whats most disappointing is we have, arguably, our best squad ever on paper (and our most expensive/highest wage bill ever) and really should be doing better 

Its been reported that most players wages will be cut my 50% if we do indeed go down, so i dont expect many to stay on

Its probably the best as far as Premier League experience goes but its pretty uninspiring. Couple that with a coach like Pulis who coaches and schools players to keep clean sheets and nick goals and I dont think its a surprise to see that fall apart as suddenly as it has this season, when the general quality available to the league has taken a step up. 

Other than a few 'good workers' I dont see anything in that squad that makes them better than anyone else in the league.

Archived