General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I’m very confused, Nino! I like Big Sam as a character and as someone I can look at from afar and say “Ah sure, he’s funny all the same...” but at £6m a year – more than the likes of Zidane and Simeone – he’s bent Everton over and his helmet is peeking out of Moshiri’s mouth.
More power to the man for getting the best deal he possibly could, and we don’t deserve anyone better, but the whole situation from Everton’s standpoint reeks of desperation and the whole ordeal post Koeman has been an absolute embarrassment.

I wonder what he’ll do with all those Number 10s....

I'm not entirely convinced Big Sam or Pardew are upgrades, wouldn't surprise me if David Moyles outlasts them both and does better as well.

A shot in the arm for all three clubs which I guess is probably what they all need right now, but it will be the same story in a years time. 

• Paid Members

I've got a mate who is a long term Everton fan and has had a season ticket going on 25 years now. He's absolutely distraught at the thought of Gig Sam being in charge as he hates him with a passion and mentioned he knows loads of fans who are going to boo the bloke to show their unhappiness at the appointment. 

I don't think it's just the appointment of him alone though. He says that many of the fans he knows already feel a sour taste in their mouths because they don't trust the owner...

Personally, I think they need someone like Big Sam to steady the ship and assure safety, hopefully leaving a foundation for someone else to take them up a few levels...

• Paid Members

Watching one of the fan interviews on SSN yesterday, the fan says they need to be aiming for a more high-profile manager. What's more high-profile than (statistically) the greatest England manager that ever lived?!

On a serious note, who did Everton fans want and realistically think they'd get? Especially partway through a season.

Edit: the fan in question didn't want Sam as he hadn't won anything. Does he think that Ancelotti would suddenly rock up and deliver a trophy this season? Everton need to survive- that should be their one and only goal as far as this season is concerned.

Big Sam will steer the ship, then somebody young and more dynamic to take over in the summer. Makes sense.

• Paid Members

I wanted Sean Dyche or Eddie Howe, Brewster (and I was told I had no ambition or love for the club on Facebook and on Forums for such a desire from myself), but realistically knew we'd wind up with Pardew or Big Sam.

Some of them were actually, genuinely convinced that we'd land Simeone and all sorts of bollocks.

• Paid Members

Scott has been the most level-headed Toffee I've seen throughout this palava (in the wider world). Everton are circling the toilet bowl and cannot defend for their lives. Get the Big Man in, have a cry and a wank because it isn't Ancelotti or Simeone and regroup next season after he plays six months of soul destroying hoofball which sees you finish 10th.

• Paid Members

Howe is a good shout. I think realistically he can only take Bournemouth so far and needs to take an upwards step for his career. Plays nice football and players seem to want to play for him.

Dyche, not so sure. An excellent manager no doubt but I think he'd be better of managing England where - like at Burnley - it's completely a case of making do what you have. Who knows though eh.

• Paid Members

I can see Howe becoming a lifer at Bournemouth, unless England take a punt on him. 

You would think he would have a job for life with the way he took them through the leagues(with the help of plenty of financial backing from the owner), while he has already proven that he might not be suited to a job with more expectations involved from his time at Burnley....

I think Dyche would have been worth a punt for Everton. He has done wonderfully well at Burnley for one. Gets commitment from his team & knows how to make the team hard to beat. Something which in years gone by you would always associate with Everton. He also looks like he would take no nonsense so wouldn't be afraid to stick a rocket up a few of the underperforming Everton players. 

Archived