The origins of UKFF (questions)

Maikeru

Appreciate all of the answers may not be known; any responses would be great. 

1) When was it set up?

2) Who set it up?

3) Why did they give it such a generic name that doesn't give any indication it's a wrestling fan board? 

4) What are some of the funniest threads in history to check out? 

5) How many unique visitors does it get per month? Has this figure increased or declined in recent years? 

6) Which user has the most posts in history? 

7) Who are some of the better known wrestlers that have posted in the past? 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

1) When was it set up?/2) Who set it up?

Moo could probably answer this best, but IIRC, it was a merger between three different forums in 1999. The database then screwed up so everyone had to reregister in September 2001.

3) Why did they give it such a generic name that doesn't give any indication it's a wrestling fan board? 

Not sure, but possibly it was a compromise between multiple forum names.

4) What are some of the funniest threads in history to check out? 

Take a look through the Gold forums at the bottom of the main page.

5) How many unique visitors does it get per month? Has this figure increased or declined in recent years? 

No idea, though one webstats site says traffic is up 25% over the past year.

6) Which user has the most posts in history? 

IanDrewDiceClay on 20,472.

7) Who are some of the better known wrestlers that have posted in the past? 

Earthquake used to post now and again. Grado posted as a fan as TheLostScot back in the day.

10 hours ago, mim731 said:

1) 1941, Nazi Germany

2) Use the questions thread

3-7) See 2)

Questions thread is not, in my view, the best place for a series of questions around a central theme that's likely to be of interest to many and lead to a wider discussion worthy of a thread in itself. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I was always under the assumption that this place grew out of the old FWA message board. I'm pretty sure that's how I found it. Am I remembering wrong?

The FWA board was hosted/incorporated here at one point, in a separate section like we have for Off- Topic. It made sense as the suspicion was about a third of posters here were FWA trainees under fake names.

On the post count, it took me ages to find. Is the 20,000 for Ian just the on-topic ones. (And who remembers when off-topic posts weren't counted at all?)

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, JNLister said:

On the post count, it took me ages to find. Is the 20,000 for Ian just the on-topic ones. (And who remembers when off-topic posts weren't counted at all?)

I think it's all. If you look at the top 10, there's a few in there who hardly post on-topic.

I've been a reader of the forum since about late 2001 - on and off. Can't remember if I came through PowerSlam or just searches on AltaVista! Took me a couple of years to sign up.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Earthquake, as in John Tenta used to post here? What?!

He did, but not a huge amount.

Chris Hamrick did as well, for a bit (when he was working for FWA semi-regularly).

Didn't know off-topic posts counted towards your count now? TIL something, I guess.

Archived