It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

• 1 month later...

Looks like following on from the FBI "investigation" into Kavanaugh's alleged assault of Ford, he's going to win the supreme court nominee...It really is unreal how flagrant the Republicans are being in terms of selective due process just to win something.  They truly give zero fucks about things that affect people.  It send a fucking horrible message to people who have suffered sexual assault, because if the assailant is linked with the rich and powerful, you may as well not bother speaking up.  It's a genuinely disturbing and vulgar situation.

• Paid Members

Nothing was proven as far as I can tell to the allegation that he assaulted her. I watched all the Senate testimony and she struck me as credible so I believe her when she says she suffered an assault. Whether or not it was him, I have no idea. However, his unhinged tirade during his own testimony alone should disqualify him from that appointment.

1 hour ago, Dolph Pigglers said:

It send a fucking horrible message to people who have suffered sexual assault, because if the assailant is linked with the rich and powerful, you may as well not bother speaking up.

Has this ever not been the case though? It obviously shouldn't be, but the wealthy and their associates have been untouchable for the most part forever.

5 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Has anyone seen Donald Trump and Alex Jones in the same room together?

I’m not sure if they’ve ever met face to face, but Trump did appear on infowars 

0208578E-EF96-4358-B024-EA212E789F9D_zps

By the way, everyone needs to listen to the 3 parter that the Behind The Bastards Podcast did about Alex Jones - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/behind-the-bastards/id1373812661?mt=2

Alex Jones is a useful idiot for Trump. He picked up a lot of votes from the inforwars dribblers, being canny enough to realise it was a "market" other presidential candidates hadn't exploited. The whole "fake news" thing is a stroke of abhorrent genius as it allows him to say the outrageous things he does and claim it's a left wing media conspiracy when he's taken to task, which is exactly what the alt-right want to hear. Far from lacking self awareness, I think Trump approaches the whole thing like a zero sum game of poker, a naked, bluffing emporer who will most likely win a second term as a result. 

This whole affair has been terribly damaging to the US.  Badly handled by both parties I think.

Like everyone else, I found her testimony utterly credible BUT although I think she's convinced it was Kavanaugh, it wasn't a clear cut case with huge amounts of evidence and would probably struggle to get a conviction in a court, let alone sway partisan senators.  For his part, I reckon Kavanaugh has no memory of it (as with a lot of things due to his drinking) and is terrified he DID do it, as I'm sure he assaulted plenty of women during that time. I have a sneaking suspicion it might have been Mike Judge who actually assaulted her.

Kavanaugh should never have been put up for the job, he's clearly not got the temperament and carries way too much baggage.  But the more the Democrats threw sexual assault allegations against him, the more entrenched the other side have become, and now a man without any credibility is going to get onto the Supreme Court and make a mockery of that institution for years.

I do hope this energises women voters to get out to the polls in even greater numbers. But I don't think the Dems can re-take the Senate, and without the Senate they'll struggle to really go after Trump.

It was certainly a shit show, but some of the "evidence" against him was ridiculous - trying to decode his high school year book being particularly stupid. Yes, because teenage boys never say anything boastful or sexist in a bid to make each other laugh. 

I'm probaby being dim, Loki, but why did you mention Mike Judge?

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

It was certainly a shit show, but some of the "evidence" against him was ridiculous - trying to decode his high school year book being particularly stupid. Yes, because teenage boys never say anything boastful or sexist in a bid to make each other laugh. 

I'm probaby being dim, Loki, but why did you mention Mike Judge?

Wasn’t Mark Judge the person who was the other person witnessing the s dual assault? I think Loki just mis-spelt

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

His calendar defense was equally ridiculous. People keep trying to judge this as if it is a legal trial, it isn't. It's supposed to be a job interview but instead it's a total shitshow. The U.S. is looking pretty fucked right now. Good luck to them!