It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

Notably, the Rand Corporation has managed to stay out of the picture A-GAIN, protecting the reverse vampires from the cleansing sunlight of truth.

Hmmm. The Sheinhardt Wig Company seem to have managed to keep their name out of this mess too, which is rather suspicious.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

Right in the middle of BLM, the families of two British men criticized Obama for the lack of governmental response to racially motivated murders which happened in Florida several years ago.

It's that kind of cherry picking I despise when it comes to press coverage of events in America.

Obama got a lot of leeway for being obstructed by senate, while people are all too quick to criticise Trump when his directives are constantly being challenged at every turn.

I know not everyone is a fan of John Oliver but it's hard to argue with the breakdown of how Trump and his supporters react from this weeks show.

• Paid Members

Watching that video, @chokeout, I can't believe Fox News refers to other media outlets as "the mainstream media." As if Fox News isn't part of the mainstream media. It's like when multimillionaires like Aaron Banks (or the super rich owners of the Telegraph, instructing their editor to take down the "Brexit Mutineers" today) run their mouths about "elites" who don't care about working people, their struggles or their concerns. Fuck off, man. You're part of the fucking elite. 

• Paid Members

That's what probably bugs me the most about the justifications given by people who vote Trump: "he's not part of the establishment, because he's not a politician". The establishment is made up of more than just politicians, it's usually politicians and business working together. Trump is a billionaire for a reason: he's part of the establishment. He's part of the gang that's responsible for the suffering of ordinary people, and it's a dirty lie to claim otherwise.

The guy isn't honest, he just says whatever's on his twisted mind with salesman's conviction, like a lot of demagogues. And even if he was honest, honesty isn't a virtue by itself, if you subscribe to the horrendous sexist and racist viewpoint he does.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I thought, at least, the update to this thread would have been about Arnie's worst sidekick, Rosanne fucking for money Tom Arnold's apparent allegations he has a tape of Trump abusing women and dropping the N Word.

He appears to be playing the Corey Fieldman long game at the moment, but if he does have a tape I hope he makes it available to share on Kazaa just for old school shits and giggles.

• Paid Members

It's kinda crazy how not surprising this is. We're at the point where the President of the United States can endorse actual far-right hate mongers and nobody is surprised. Isn't there any law that can be invoked to get Trump out of office? Like, a law against being *such* an absolute toss monster?

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

It's kinda crazy how not surprising this is. We're at the point where the President of the United States can endorse actual far-right hate mongers and nobody is surprised. Isn't there any law that can be invoked to get Trump out of office? Like, a law against being *such* an absolute toss monster?

The 25th Amendment

I wasn't on the 25th Amendment train till today — won't happen, but he's clearly not all there.

• Paid Members

Nothing confirmed about Flynn — signs point to him cooperating, but there's nothing concrete. I've got to think that even Trump isn't stupid enough to have got close enough to collusion for it to leave its mark on him, it's the obstruction of justice that I see as the big problem. It's plain as day that's what's taken place, but he was right in a way — he could walk out onto 5th ave and shoot someone, and the GOP wouldn't introduce impeachment proceedings.

I've personally never thought he was going to make it to 2020 — he's not going to be impeached or assassinated, but he might just cark it in office; more iikely is that he's being embattled on all sides, and losing allies/making enemies of fellow travelers, and he steps aside after the midterms. Nothing to lose, really, and Pence could use Gerald Ford's reasoning to throw him a pardon.