It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

2 hours ago, BigJag said:

Cheers. A bit like how Boris is for us. Although Tillerson comes across as someone who actually has a clue about the job.

Quite the opposite. Tillerson was incompetent, he just gets a pass because Trump seems to hate him. He was lifted out of the business world, with no diplomatic experience or qualifications, and the State department staff all thought he was utterly useless.

Boris definitely has a much better understanding of the history of his position and the necessities of the job. He’s just unsuited to perform those functions.

They’re both terrible in their own ways.

• 2 months later...

“Ladies & Gentleman, please join us in honouring our country by singing ‘God Bless America”.

Now I’m sure The President, whose been so critical of the NFL players ‘disrepecting’ the anthem by kneeling in quiet protest, wouldn’t do anything to be seen as anything less than an Uber-Patriot now would he?

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

All kinds of madness happening yesterday then, with Manafort guilty on 8 charges and Cohen pleading guilty to 8 charges too almost at the same time (one of which is the Stormy Daniels payment.)

Cohen's lawyer is all over the news saying he will sing like a bird to Mueller about the Russia investigation and directly implicate Trump. Really feels like the beginning of the end for real this time. Remarkable stuff

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/22/worst-hour-for-trump-after-convictions-for-manafort-and-cohen

https://nordic.businessinsider.com/lanny-davis-cohen-flipped-on-trump-has-evidence-of-russia-conspiracy-2018-8?r=US&IR=T&utm_source=reddit.com

Edited by Chilly McFreeze

Nah, Cohen is being very clever. He's peacocking loud and proud about whistleblowing to try and get Trump to indicate he'll pardon him... and it's working. Trump's tweeted today that Cohen has done nothing wrong - if i'm Cohen, i'm fairly sure i'll be pardoned and immediately shutting up.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Nah, Cohen is being very clever. He's peacocking loud and proud about whistleblowing to try and get Trump to indicate he'll pardon him... and it's working. Trump's tweeted today that Cohen has done nothing wrong - if i'm Cohen, i'm fairly sure i'll be pardoned and immediately shutting up.

Except Cohen’s lawyer has said he won’t accept a pardon even if he gets it

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/michael-cohen-donald-trump-pardon-trial-guilty-russia-investigation-a8502451.html?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&utm_source=reddit.com#Echobox=1534934741

And trump doesn’t seem so keen on him anymore

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1032247043992023040?s=21

• Paid Members

I'm not holding my breath. Trump is rich. Not as rich as he makes out, but he's rich. And part of the American establishment. And a celebrity. It's going to take a Herculean effort to get him, and a lot of guilty people are probably going to walk free as part of a plea-bargain to nail him.

Also, heaven help us if he does end up being removed, because what happens? We get Pence. Who's worse, because he actually believes in the evil shit the hardcore Republican right espouse, and he's significantly more intelligent than Trump (yes, it's a low bar) that he could cause a lot more problems. Not to mention that it's sufficiently far in to Trump's term that any change will be seen as an excuse by any disaffected Republicans to "give the new guy a chance".

I hate that I'm this pessimistic about something that should be good, but that's where we are right now. Several layers of shit to get through before we see the sun.

• Paid Members

Yeah well said Bombcar. Pence is not a circus clown like Trump, but his views are absolutely terrifying and archaic. He's arguably more dangerous.

You get this feeling that Trump will be in power as long as the Republicans want him there, taking the heat for all the mad shit they want to peddle before they potentially lose the Senate.