WWE UK Championship Tournament

Onyx2

Maybe they actually don't like the performer/wrestler and being such amazingly knowledgable wrestling fans understand that a good heel wants to be booed so voice their displeasure by cheering because they know (being such knowledgeable wrestling fans) that said heel will understand cheers are actually boos.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear it started with Punk, I mean it probably didn't, but it did. A heel that wanted to be cheered and smarky neckbeards wanting to show they could see past the kayfabe and were cheering the performer rather than booing his character. It's ruined wrestling to a degree.

I often wonder how they'd fare at a pantomime.

It's happened forever. The difference is when a heel got cheered WWE used to turn them face and vice versa when a face got booed they turned them heel.

Dunn looks like such a sly prick, there's no one in WWE like him where you look at him and just instantly dislike him. 

His facials are bloody superb, the way he snarls and gurns make you want to see him receive a kicking.

Yeah, he looks like the type of guy who at school would borrow your rubber and not give it back. Such a dick  :dickin: 

I'm glad the fans ended up cheering for Bate over Dunne. I also like that he didn't come out at the end to join in the off air celebration. The Faux Finn Balor guy shouldn't have come out either really, he didn't seem like the type who'd want to celebrate Bate winning.  I think he also needs to change his look, looking like a Finn Balor CAW isn't good...even had the leather jacket. 

I think fans cheering Connor McGregor is different, He's cocky but he's also really funny, good at what he does and fights fairly. Cheering a guy like Dunne who sneak attacks people outside of the ring and is trying his best to be hated isn't the best way to show you appreciate him. 

• Paid Members

I swear it started with Punk, I mean it probably didn't, but it did. A heel that wanted to be cheered and smarky neckbeards wanting to show they could see past the kayfabe and were cheering the performer rather than booing his character. It's ruined wrestling to a degree.

It's happened forever. The difference is when a heel got cheered WWE used to turn them face and vice versa when a face got booed they turned them heel.
Just like the difference in the Terminator films. Ultimate cool bad guy in the first, loved for it, face turn for the second.

I'm sure the Terminator comparison has been used loads in wrestling, mainly as a point where the public actually started liking the antagonist over the protagonist. Defo heard Arnie's robot referenced for Austin emergence as a heely guy going over as a face.

• Paid Members

The first time I remember a crowd cheering a heel was on the Raw when Razor Ramon got beat by The Kid. Can't remember ever noticing it before then tbh.

This bickering about the crowd is terrible.

I often wonder if the people who whinge about crowds ever leave the house to go to shows themselves, and if they do, what do they do when they get there - sit in silence?

They could easily tape a weekly show here. There are distinct hotbeds of wrestling in the UK - north west area, York Hall, Glasgow, etc. Pick 4 or 5 venues, alternate monthly tapings between then. No brainer.

Got balcony tickets for both shows.  Never been to Blackpool, always wanted to.  Not that I'm expecting anything exciting in January, but it's a good excuse to go there if nothing else.

You'll have a great view.

Shame that wasn't true.  I couldn't see 2/3 of the ring.  Luckily I had a whinge and they moved me before the show started..  Seemed like they had quite a few problems with the amount of seats that had been put out on the balcony.  Slightly better view on the second night.

• Awards Moderator

They defo have a storage facility over here, I'm sure the old blue cage of Hogan/Bossman fame is strangely stored over here.

Really? Any more info? Did we have a blue steel cage match in the UK or something?

Edge and Christian had one at Rebellion 2001, I'm pretty sure that was an old bars cage.

They defo have a storage facility over here, I'm sure the old blue cage of Hogan/Bossman fame is strangely stored over here.

Really? Any more info? Did we have a blue steel cage match in the UK or something?
Edge and Christian had one at Rebellion 2001, I'm pretty sure that was an old bars cage.

It was indeed. Although the bars were black if memory serves me correctly.

Archived