WWE UK Championship Tournament

Onyx2

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was surprised Cole got away with this. I thought people would hate him using the iconic catchphrase.

When he said it I think there are only two possibilities.   Either Regal had a word with him and suggested he say it as a nod, or he did some research on the way over with a few episodes or something.  

Either way, it shows a nice little nod to WOS, and I spose most see it as a tribute, considering the "official" revival of the show may have been a bit cartoonish for purists. 

• Paid Members

It wouldn't surprise me if he researched it, that's if he didn't already know. We've all been harsh on Cole over the years, but that's because of the style of commentary that he has been told to deliver. He's effectively a salesman, and let's be honest although some of us (myself included) aren't a fan of the commentary style Vince has instilled into the announce team, Cole does what he is supposed to do bloody well. He is consistent, I rarely hear him trip up over his words and he keeps things flowing. And, if he spends more time calling the action (like he did in the UK tournament), he can clearly be brilliant at that too. I'm sure someone on here mentioned that on some shows you have Cole talking to the commentators through the headsets and leading them through rather than Vince. That's hardly surprising, he's been doing this for nearly 20 years now. Surely the longest serving regular announcer they've ever had, right?

but if I can help the business in any way I can, even if it is just going out there for a short time and maybe selling some extra tickets and helping the companies out I'd do it. Try and get some of their younger talent over and try and boost the business.

our hero.

• Paid Members

Does anyone have any update/recovery timeline for Flash Morgan Webster? I know he got njured in the CWC qualifier for Progress and according to CageMatch.de hasn't wrestled since. He'd have been a brilliant fit for this too..

A bit late catching up on this thread but no one seemed to pick up on this - he's back working now, he won the Pro-Wrestling Chaos title over the weekend.

Also, that Accident_Prone post was magnificent.

Michael Cole was on fire in this. His best commentary outting in years.

Its quite amazing that out of ITV and WWE, it was actually WWE who seemed more true to the traditions of the style the country is most known for. Even the building screamed 1970s with a modern twist.

Not really considering WWE had Regal, Brookside, Finlay, Taylor. etc. Involved.

While ITV had Alex Shane as a producer. Who else was involved in putting it together?

And Cole would have certainly been told to say this. Which highlights how good his performance was. He reeled off Darrel Allan as a trainer of Johnson and I was totally convinced he was very familiar with this respected trainer when I'm sure he wouldn't know the guy if he was standing in front of him.

Though Cole also pulled out a vintage. Was it for Pete Dunne? None of these wrestlers have anything that's vintage.

Archived