WWE UK Championship Tournament

Onyx2

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People spend way to much time discussing the audience reactions, it's boring. Conversation about the big picture can be interesting at times but going on about random throwaway chants which mean nothing has just gotten tedious.

Not sure I'd have even noticed the "one fall" thing without everyone bringing it up all the time

I made 3 posts on the subject, one was a couple of paragraphs long because I've been getting heated lately on the subject, the other two were a sentence or two. Hardly "over and over again". I thought the chant was a bit wanky, ClassicsGuy disagreed. Honestly, Butch, you seem more angry than we were about it. It's not a huge deal, I said my bit on it.

And anyway, if the point you're getting at is that we should be discussing the entertainment rather than the audience, I get that. Like I said originally, the show itself was a lot of fun, and a good amount of talent. I'm a bit worried about the eventual crossover though.

Exactly. I have no problem with you Shane. Certainly didn't see it as bickering. Both entitled to our opinions.

• Paid Members

Lots of great stuff

Wonderful post, Accident Prone. I didn't want to quote the whole thing because it was quite long but I really enjoyed reading that. Makes you realise what a big thing this tournament could end up being in BritWres history.

I'll second this, I'm glad I read every word of that post because it was great to see how much of an emotional impact the tournament has had on Accident Prone. A joyous read.

According to Mike Johnson of PWinsider ICW have signed a deal for them to be on the network for the next 2 - 3 years.

If that's the case (and Mike Johnson doesn't seem to get a huge amount wrong) will that mean anything for the ICW product going forward? The culture and style is raw, gritty and at odds with WWE's clean cut, corporate product.

Or will a simple content disclaimer get around it?

Whatever happens, I imagine they wouldn't be too much out of pocket out of this deal as an existing company rather than a library being hoovered up. That's if it's true, of course.

Wonder if Progress will have a similar deal? Perhaps these 'tapings' in March have something to do with that?

Fantastic show/shows. First time I've seen any of these guys and was really impressed by loads of them, especially Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne. I think Dunne could easily be the top villain in WWE in a few years. I was surprised at first by how many West Midlands lads were in it, then shocked at how fucking brilliant those two were. They've got their acts down perfectly. Cole and Nigel McGuinness made a great team too.

Afterwards I googled Pete Dunne and found that BBC documentary from a few years ago that I meant to watch but never did. Great fun to see him earlier on in his career and Tyler there as well, practising stuff with him in the gym.

Really enjoyable couple of nights on wrestling. Loved it!

• Paid Members

Just finished catching up with this. After the first night I wasn't too impressed - only Bate and Dunne stood out to me. The second night was completely different though. Everybody came across well, Bate and Dunne seem like absolutely stars in the making and Andrews/Trent/Wolfgang all impressed a lot too. It's scary how good Bate is for his age. 

Pete Dunne plays the nasty heel bastard role so well. He reminds me of Richie from Bottom though and I can't put my finger on why.

I don't know why so many people seem surprised at Cole being a good commentator. You don't manage to stick around for 20 years with Vince screaming into your ear for 3 hours a week without being good at your job. I've always thought the stick he gets to be a bit much.

Really hoping this becomes a weekly Network show anyway. Is McGuinness 100% done? Or would there be any chance of him having a one-off match?

Re ICW toning down, products been toned down since the Italian tv deal started. Not in a bad way as immnkt a fan of the more hardcore stuff, just smarter in how it's put out. And as pivot share where they are just now doesn't work on playstations, will make it easier for me to watch

• Paid Members

I didn't watch this and probably won't. Watching the highlights on Raw though coming just after (or during) a Jack Gallagher appearance, Bate looked far too much like Gallagher. Are they trying to send out a message that the best Brits are all pasty midgets with mustaches? Very odd choice.

• Paid Members

You spend three hours early on every Tuesday morning watching a more-often-than-not dull as dishwater Raw, but won't watch this?! For crying out loud man, get it watched! Even if it's just the second night. Tyler Bate is incredibly likeable.

Seriously Rick, I think you'll be surprised.

Archived