WWE UK Championship Tournament

Onyx2

That's one thing - Tyson T-Bone is a horrible name for a pikey gimmick.

He needs to double barrel his first name for sure. Two completely normal first names sound instantly more pikey with a hyphen between them

Tyson-James Bones

Tyson-Danny Bones

Tyson-Sidney Bones

Tyson-Butch Bones

And so forth

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I really enjoyed both nights but particularly night 2. I was messaging my mate who was at the first night and he said "They'll struggle to get the fans to boo Dunne, he's far too over" but the continiuing storyline of him generally being a horrible cunt and then attacking super face Tyler Bate got him some actual heat and boos as opposed to the Kevin Owens type reaction he was getting before.

At least unlike Kevin Owens, he wasn't busting out babyface highspot moves such as Marc Mero springboard moonaults. He was all heel tactics. I think the problem you have is that the crowd appreciate how good a heel he is and then decide to cheer for him, it's not like the Rollins & Owens' of the world where they are not working the right style.

On the subject of Heels, how refreshing was it to hear a babyface commentator actually condemn a bastard Heel, I mean it does not seem too much to ask, except on Raw they pretty much just go along with it and say "oh well, he does what he needs to do". NO, that is one thing I loved about JR, he would go potty at interference or snidey attacks, Cole did a terrific job when Dunne blasted Bate after his semi-final and also when Dunne attacked Gradwell on the stage.

So is Tyler Bate the youngest champion in WWE history?

Definitely the youngest singles champ ever, but I believe Renee Dupree was 19 years 6 months when he first won the tag titles with La Resistance.

Anyone know when Tyler turns twenty?

Really well put together show and very exciting to be a fan in the UK at the moment. Better in every way (production, booking, commentary, match quality, audience) than the WoS revival and probably the most indie feeling WWE show since the first One Night Stand in 2005.

I also really liked that these weren't the most established names on the UK scene - the likes of Dunne, Bate, Seven and Wolfgang had breakout years in 2016 and it feels like just reward for twelve months of hard work.

Does anyone have any update/recovery timeline for Flash Morgan Webster? I know he got njured in the CWC qualifier for Progress and according to CageMatch.de hasn't wrestled since. He'd have been a brilliant fit for this too..

Really enjoyed the tournament overall. The serious sports like tone was so different than Raw and it was nice to see wrestling where people sell the moves. 

Dunn looks like such a sly prick, there's no one in WWE like him where you look at him and just instantly dislike him. Bate was great and deserved to win. Looking forward to see where this goes. 

• Paid Members

Dunn looks like such a sly prick, there's no one in WWE like him where you look at him and just instantly dislike him. 

His facials are bloody superb, the way he snarls and gurns make you want to see him receive a kicking.

I was messaging my mate who was at the first night and he said "They'll struggle to get the fans to boo Dunne, he's far too over" 

Here's my question about that, and I know it's been touched on but it's one Lance Storm raised on his podcast recently...

Why do people cheer heels? Seriously? I mean, if you are genuinely a fan of, say, Pete Dunne why are you cheering him? He is playing a heel. Boos are his applause. He WANTS you to boo him and heckle him. If you are GENUINELY a fan of him as a heel, and respect him, why would you not boo the fuck out of him?

It's like Neville last night. He got massive cheers because 'Yay he's English and he's a star and he's doing the best promo work he's ever done;.

Okay - then boo him! He's a heel. He's on TV being a nasty, miserable, bitter prick. BOO HIM!!

Is it the fans trying to be 'cool' and going 'well Dunne's really good and deserves this and we appreciate that so to show him we're going to cheer him'.

Honestly - genuine question - why do people cheer heels if they are a fan of them?

• Paid Members

I was messaging my mate who was at the first night and he said "They'll struggle to get the fans to boo Dunne, he's far too over" 

Here's my question about that, and I know it's been touched on but it's one Lance Storm raised on his podcast recently...

Why do people cheer heels? Seriously? I mean, if you are genuinely a fan of, say, Pete Dunne why are you cheering him? He is playing a heel. Boos are his applause. He WANTS you to boo him and heckle him. If you are GENUINELY a fan of him as a heel, and respect him, why would you not boo the fuck out of him?

It's like Neville last night. He got massive cheers because 'Yay he's English and he's a star and he's doing the best promo work he's ever done;.

Okay - then boo him! He's a heel. He's on TV being a nasty, miserable, bitter prick. BOO HIM!!

Is it the fans trying to be 'cool' and going 'well Dunne's really good and deserves this and we appreciate that so to show him we're going to cheer him'.

Honestly - genuine question - why do people cheer heels if they are a fan of them?

I imagine the same reason people cheer someone like Conor McGregor, who acts the prick.

I get the feeling WWE haven't worked out the logistics of filming a weekly show yet and thats why there was no announcement after.

Personally a i think just giving Progress and or Rev Pro some WWE ring aprons and sending over Regal/Brookside to over see a set of taping once a month would do it.

Is Bate allowed to take the belt onto indy shows do we know? Be quite cool to see the belt in person.

• Paid Members

I swear it started with Punk, I mean it probably didn't, but it did. A heel that wanted to be cheered and smarky neckbeards wanting to show they could see past the kayfabe and were cheering the performer rather than booing his character. It's ruined wrestling to a degree.

I often wonder how they'd fare at a pantomime.

Archived