WWE UK Championship Tournament

Onyx2

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I might sign up to Reddit and post a comment claiming that Triple H deliberately picked a guy called Dunne to be the big bad guy and have him lose in the end to send a message to Big Kev. See what kind of traction that gets.

• Paid Members

:laugh: Absolutely tremendous! I hope you reel some in.

Interesting to see these rumours about Cole moving up though. Makes perfect sense, with Vince and Dunne in his ear for 20 years he has the experience and knowledge to make the transition you'd think.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it might actually. I was thinking about him being on Smackdown the other day, he makes Otunga seem like a necessity- poor old Tom sits there in silence, until they are in between matches/angles. Then, with the camera on the announce team, he does a little bit of talking- and that's it.

I finally finished watching this and I thought it was all pretty joyous. I wasn't familiar with any of the guys, really, but everyone came across well and the whole tone was just brilliant. Arena, fans, commentary, matches, storytelling: everything delivered. I think I'd rather a monthly show to a weekly one - I'm always scared of oversaturation - but I'd happily give it a go either way.

On the discussion of "why do people cheer heels!?" that started up somewhere in the middle of this thread...

I think a lot of you might be overthinking it. I'd be really surprised if most people who cheer heels are doing it to be "smart" or show off or anything like that. You watch wrestling, hopefully, because it brings you some kind of joy. Watching someone who's good at something you love generally makes you happy. When you're happy, you tend to smile/laugh/cheer. It seems harsh to have a go at fans who go to a show and enjoy it at that purest level - simply cheering for the guys who bring them the most joy - for not filtering that joy through a process in their brain that makes them ask, "but what would be better for the wrestler/show/industry?" before vocalising anything. We watch this really childish form of entertainment because it helps us tap into that childish part of ourselves, right? It feels really counterintuitive to me to say that the "proper" way to enjoy this childish form of entertainment is to heavily regulate your response and fight those pure, natural reactions a performer might elicit in you. For me the responsibility falls squarely on the performers. If you're supposed to be a heel and you're unhappy that you're getting cheers, adapt your act. Blaming fans or calling them morons seems like passing the buck. As far as I'm concerned, there's no "right" or "wrong" reaction from a crowd as long as it's an honest one.

Mark Andrews, Trent Seven, Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne have all been announced for a Indy/Progress show in Orlando on March 31st. Not sure if anyone else from the show will be over there, but I assume a few if not all will be.

Guessing that means they will have some kind of involvement for Takeover and Mania, probably sitting in the crowd with a name check at some point

• Paid Members

Mark Andrews, Trent Seven, Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne have all been announced for a Indy/Progress show in Orlando on March 31st. Not sure if anyone else from the show will be over there, but I assume a few if not all will be.

Wonder if the WCPW folks will wander by, a la TNA at Universal Studios.

• Paid Members

They could turn up at Takeover, but then again so many wrestlers are in the WrestleMania city area even if they're not on a WWE show. Indy promotions and conventions flock there to make the most of the huge wave of fans staying there for a few days. There were loads of shows around the Dallas area last year.

Archived