Chris Hero has re-signed with WWE.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

hero2.jpg

He looked class here, not sure what gear he was on, and I'm no biologist, but he clearly can get into good nick if he stops eating curries.

That was about a decade and many injuries ago, though. He's 37 and has a history of eating dem cakes. It'll take some doing to get back into twink fetish shape again. If he couldnt get into the best shape of his life in the Performance Centre a few years back, he's probably best just putting a t-shirt on. The weight doesnt affect his work, so just go with the cover up. Everyone wears shirts now anyway. Reigns, Ambrose, Owens, Wyatt etc.

hero2.jpg

He looked class here, not sure what gear he was on, and I'm no biologist, but he clearly can get into good nick if he stops eating curries.

That was about a decade and many injuries ago, though. He's 37 and has a history of eating dem cakes. It'll take some doing to get back into twink fetish shape again. If he couldnt get into the best shape of his life in the Performance Centre a few years back, he's probably best just putting a t-shirt on. The weight doesnt affect his work, so just go with the cover up. Everyone wears shirts now anyway. Reigns, Ambrose, Owens, Wyatt etc.

About 2010 wasn't it? I swear he credited this on Claudio keeping him in check? Pair them up again I say

There was also his final pre-WWE ROH run where he was clearly getting himself into big-league shape and whatever he was doing was working. But I'm sure Cesaro and him were in the PC at the same time and his physique still went to pot. I refuse to believe he could fitten up on the peanuts gym membership he could afford on his ROH money but couldn't do the same or better at one of the most complete athletic training centres in the world. Exercise "doesn't work for him"? All he needs to do is some bicep curls to give his strikes some actual heft and his physique will be excusable. At the moment, whatever he is in his mind is not how he looks in reality.

• Paid Members

Fuck it, stick him with the Wyatts and put him in a jump suit, or something like what they have Luke Harper wear.  There's loads of options to hide his physique if they aren't making him drop the weight.

Or stick him out there in polka dot pants. Just for Vince's amusement. 

For what it's worth, I love Hero's look - it perfectly compliments the "indy dickhead big bully" gimmick he works with, so it certainly isn't an issue for me. I'm not Vince McMahon though.

Sad to see him go personally, his body of work in 2016 has been outstanding, and it would be a gigantic shame to see him floundering in the WWE midcard.

• Paid Members

Surely he'll be in the NXT main events for a while first. Granted, at this stage that just means doing the same underwhelming match for about six months, but still.

Ha, I thought I was alone in thinking that about NXT. Owens/Zayn was the last NXT title feud where I really enjoyed the matches. The Owens/Balor, Balor/Joe and Joe/Nakamura series of matches have all been underwhelming.

Anyway, I can't stand Chris Hero. Never liked him before his WWE run and thought he was really bad as Kassius Ohno. Not seen any of his stuff since then. I'm open to him changing my mind but the news of him re-signing doesn't fill me with joy. It's probably the same way a lot of you felt when they signed Roderick Strong.

• Paid Members

I really liked the match they had where Joe got busted open early and it kept getting stopped - think it was in London. Hate-fuelled brawl, it looked like Joe was trying to kill Balor at times in that match. They just didn't click for me any other time though.

Archived