Chris Hero has re-signed with WWE.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He's had an incredible year. He really makes the size work for him as a big hard bastard. In a way I'm sad the time I got to see him up close at Progress this year will be the only time, but It was always unfortunate him being sacked right before Triple H made NXT into the biggest indy wankfest on the planet.

He'll be perfect there, gut or not and could contribute on the main roster if needed, although granted that seems more unlikely. Expecting him to replace Samoa Joe's role.

• Paid Members

How's he looking in terms of physique? He did look really bad when he was in NXT. I know the average physique isn't the same as it was in this day and age in WWE, but he was especially bad. A combination of muffin tops and pigeon chest.

• Paid Members

I was reading up on this on a website a minute ago and they had a link to a tag match in NXT between then WWE Champion CM Punk & Seth Rollins VS Cesaro & Hero/Ohno. I don't even remember that happening at the time. JR was calling the action, I don't remember him commentating for NXT either. Hero actually looked in decent shape for that match.

• Paid Members

I always thought he'd have been a cracking Wyatt Family member, giving that group a 'worker'.

Always liked Hero from his Mid South days, and his match with Cesaro in Darwen all those years ago is still one of the best matches I've seen live.

• Paid Members

I was reading up on this on a website a minute ago and they had a link to a tag match in NXT between then WWE Champion CM Punk & Seth Rollins VS Cesaro & Hero/Ohno. I don't even remember that happening at the time. JR was calling the action, I don't remember him commentating for NXT either. Hero actually looked in decent shape for that match.

That was actually a dark main event on NXT. I remember being disappointed it wasn't going to be shown on NXT. But then they released it on their NXT Greatest matches DVD as a blu ray extra and then on YouTube.

• Paid Members

I believe so. And Rollins was NXT champ at the time too. It started as Punk vs Cesaro and then changed into a tag match for reasons I can't remember. Perhaps interference. It's a decent match but nothing amazing. Hero was in good shape though.

Pleased for Hero. He's had a great year. I wonder if he will be losing weight or wearing a vest? Didn't they let him go because of the weight gain and how he wasn't working out to change it? He's gained a lot more since then.

• Paid Members

I dont think it was weight issues they let him go. I believe it was because he didnt have enough people fighting his corner at the time (the Performance Centre was a different beast back then). I watched his shoot interview after he was released and he mentioned there were trainers at the time (the Bill Dermott years) who were like "you're here to train not give advice" etc. so he made some enemies. Which is totally not that way now. There's a definite pecking order in NXT. Samoa Joe and Nakamura are certainly not putting the rings up. If Hero was in NXT now, he wouldnt be getting shit on by trainers and getting told off because he's more experienced than some bloke who used to play footy.

• Paid Members

I remember an interview where he said more of the wrestlers were coming to him for advice rather than DeMott and it wasn't going down well. But because he was talking about his weight and the day he was let go, I assumed that was the sole reason. He's a great asset to have though and would be a great trainer to have once his in ring career is finished.

• Paid Members

I've only seen Hero on two occasions (discounting that time i watched him wolf down a donna meat and chips).

Once on the Noah shows tagging with Cesaro before they were picked up. Both looked amazing and I was so stoked when they were picked up by WWE.

Next was his wxw win after he was let go and he looked shit. Out of shape, unenthusiastic and doing nothing but throwing shit strikes.

What's he been doing lately worth seeing then?

Archived