205 Live

HarmonicGenerator

On 07/02/2018 at 8:14 PM, TheBurningRed said:
  On 07/02/2018 at 12:56 PM, The Dart said:

I wonder who else will be in the tournament.

Unless Noam Dar, Brian Kendrick, Neville or Rich Swann come back in the next 2 weeks they're going to need at least 1 more 'surprise' entry.

I’m hoping for Oney Lorcan

It's Buddy Murphy.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Is he under 205lbs?! It seems Wiki says just about. Then again, I'd be surprised if Nese is these days.

They did a video package about him which included him doing lots of work in the PC to get down to the weight limit. According to Drake Maverick he is now 204.4! Done very seriously rather than in the Matt Hardy Cruiserweight / Christian Light Heavyweight (was it Christian with a chicken suit?) mould.

My main takeaway from the Murphy video is that I continue to wish he and Blake were still a team.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

They did a video package about him which included him doing lots of work in the PC to get down to the weight limit. According to Drake Maverick he is now 204.4! Done very seriously rather than in the Matt Hardy Cruiserweight / Christian Light Heavyweight (was it Christian with a chicken suit?) mould.

My main takeaway from the Murphy video is that I continue to wish he and Blake were still a team.

Excellent, that sounds like a good little skit! Yep it was Christian in the chicken suit, pretty sure it was all done on a single episode of Heat for a one-off title match, wasn't it?

• Paid Members

How's Maverick been doing? I'm always interested in hearing how he's doing. If I had better finances, I might have got the Network by now to watch NXT, and knowing Drake's around would add to the appeal.

4 hours ago, Carbomb said:

How's Maverick been doing? I'm always interested in hearing how he's doing. If I had better finances, I might have got the Network by now to watch NXT, and knowing Drake's around would add to the appeal.

He is doing fine. He pops up in backstage segments with the participants of the tournament to (try to) stamp his authority.

He's been good so far. His primary job so far has been to reset Vince's vision for most of the talent on screen.

Telling Gulak and Nese that they've become parodies of themselves and forcing Jack Gallagher to wrestle in appropriate attire have been lovely little bits that could serve to rehabilitate 3 guys who've suffered from Vince's production.

Giving 205 Live another go since Itami's debut and its ongoing reboot. I'm still skipping parts of it because I can only see the same combination of matches so many times before I start wanting to headbutt the ground, but the last couple of episodes have had some OK first time matches. Mark Andrews v Tozawa this week was very enjoyabl

The show still suffers from going on after Smackdown and, for the time being, Mixed Match Challenge. The crowd just can't be bothered and seeing the place gradually empty as the show goes on has got to be disheartening for the guys in the ring. I don't see why they can't have it on before Smackdown. It's only on the network do its not like it really matters as I imagine most people watch it OnDemand rather than live, but having it on first in front of a crowd that isn't burnt out could add alot to it.

Hideo Itami losing clean to boring boring Roderick Strong. He's done already

Mcguiness still talking absolute shite on commentary. Last week Lince Dorado grabbed the rope to break a pinball, the ref counts three but waves it off. Fair enough, we've seen that before. What does Nige say? "Great ring positioning there by the referee!" It wasn't though was it? Otherwise he wouldn't have counted for 3 would he? you gobshite.

Edited by WyattSheepMask